Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethel Park, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Giant Eagle Market District in Bethel Park.

Tesla appeared before the zoning board in January, and the project was approved.

BethelPark.jpg

Bethel Park, PA

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Market District
Along Primary Interstates: None *
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-19
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-19

To: Franklin Park, PA - 26.3 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Cranberry, PA - 28.5 miles

A v3 that may be of service to locals.
* It's actually less than a 10 mile diversion from I-79. 10 miles is my normal limit, but it's a slow, twisty route estimated at about 26 minutes extra, so I've just ignored it.

Reactions: jrreno
Second Market District location. Hopefully, Market District at Settler's Ridge is next.

I agree.

Settler's Ridge is on US-22, and US-30, both of which have a large gap from locations to the West.
It would also be loosely on I-79.

There's apparently been a J-1772 and Tesla AC charger there since late 2020.
Unfortunately, they're free, so probably hogged.

(I've been to that one. We stayed in one of the hotels on Campbell's Run Road for a vacation in Pittsburgh/attending a wedding in 2015. Went in our Volt. Really appreciated Low Mode in the area.)

I'm excited for this because I live in the area but don't know why they picked here, there's no easy way to get there from any of the major interstates. That whole area can get congested during the day or during holidays. Even getting off 70 at Bridgeville, what would normally be a 10-15 min drive could easily turn into 30 mins if you catch a bad break at one or two lights.

I'm excited for this because I live in the area but don't know why they picked here, there's no easy way to get there from any of the major interstates. That whole area can get congested during the day or during holidays. Even getting off 70 at Bridgeville, what would normally be a 10-15 min drive could easily turn into 30 mins if you catch a bad break at one or two lights.

I assume that it's one for the locals.

I assume that it's one for the locals.
Yea but this is the burbs and fairly affluent ones at that - I'd be surprised if the majority of owners in the area didn't have some sort of charging system at their houses. I'm just fearful that this one won't get enough use and be a dark spot on the charging networks. Not close to any highways and mostly residential housing.. Would have been much better served near 79 in bridgeville, though I'm guessing when they build the Tesla shop near BJs, there will be superchargers there as well.

I agree, I think 79 in Bridgeville would be much better, but maybe there is something with Giant Eagle? Is it just a coincidence that another supercharger in Washington is in the Giant Eagle parking lot as well? That one is in a better general location with its proximity to the highway, but they both seem like curious places to put superchargers.

I agree, I think 79 in Bridgeville would be much better, but maybe there is something with Giant Eagle? Is it just a coincidence that another supercharger in Washington is in the Giant Eagle parking lot as well? That one is in a better general location with its proximity to the highway, but they both seem like curious places to put superchargers.
Urban supercharger in Shadyside also at Giant Eagle

I would rather have destination chargers at supermarkets so it would be nice to have both. If I am grocery shopping I generally don't want to pay for a charge so a destination charger is a draw. If I am supercharging I don't go grocery shopping as it is too costly with Tesla's current pricing.

Hoping for destination chargers like the other suburban Market Districts.

Seven of eight V3 Superchargers in place all in a row. A cone is covering conduit for the eighth one on the end but it has no wiring. There appears to be no special setup or drive-through provisions at this site. Also seeing empty spaces adjacent to the eight stalls at both sides so no chance for curb rash. Transformer still not in place but wires are run.