Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethesda, MD

M

MarcoRP

New Supercharger coming soon to Bethesda Row Mall in Bethesda, MD. A permit was filed last week for the construction of 12 V3 stalls in the underground parking garage. This will likely replace the Chevy Chase pin on Tesla's map.

Bethesda.jpg

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
I'm a bit confused by the photos in this thread showing a ChargePoint station. I suspect that photo is from a different garage and not in the 4950 Elm Street Garage that is listed on the permit. I went inside the 4950 Garage entrance (Google Street View) and found two EVgo fast chargers and a Blink Level 2 station but no signs yet of any Supercharger construction.

IMG_8515.jpg

I'm a bit confused by the photos in this thread showing a ChargePoint station. I suspect that photo is from a different garage and not in the 4950 Elm Street Garage that is listed on the permit. I went inside the 4950 Garage entrance (Google Street View) and found two EVgo fast chargers and a Blink Level 2 station but no signs yet of any Supercharger construction.

Maybe I was in the wrong garage. Is it north or south of Elm St? Is it north or south of Bethesda Ave?

Maybe I was in the wrong garage. Is it north or south of Elm St? Is it north or south of Bethesda Ave?
The two are separated by only a narrow walk-able alley. One is a large public garage with access from both Elm St. and Bethesda Ave. The Colonial garage is a small privately owned one in the basement of the apartment/shopping building next door.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
One end of the conduit now terminates at a charger and small box to it's right (in the shadow). There is also the typical above deck garage conduit and cable run to the left for 4 pedestals.

image04.JPG

image03.JPG

On the opposite side of the parking row, two chargers are mounted on I-beams.

image01.JPG

image02.JPG

To the right of those are 8 pedestal bases which have conduit connected from below. That level is closed to the public, so picture is not great.

image06.JPG

image05.JPG

Last edited:

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
La Conner, WA
More boxes, cables and... a meter!

View attachment 845147
Hah! I drove through there about three hours ago. Just missed you.

When I drove through, there were two guys working on ladders in the middle of the drive aisle. There is still quite a bit of work left to do, including mounting all of the pedestals.

341F3A1E-91CA-4423-AF38-0A21FC464B10.jpeg
4255FAC7-5958-41BC-A5D3-8399D30F0025.jpeg
EC5458AE-0ED9-44B4-8348-7F25187717AD.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC