Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethesda, MD (Permanently Closed, Oct 2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I could not see any map that showed Clarksburg as a supercharger location (I don't know that those parking spaces are anything more than just reserved for low emission vehicles). It would be great to have one before Hagerstown. I have a sister in Frederick and I live in Richmond. Being able to charge on the 270 corridor would be great.

When you look compare the 2017 projection map to the current map there is definitely something between Laurel and Hagerstown.
Like Sir Guacamolaf said in post 306 "Looks quite clear that there is a supercharger planned for the 270/495 interchange, and another one in Frederick". To me, the location looks a little below Frederick and with Tesla's current relationship with Simon Properties it should be a easy spot to develop but hey I think either location would be fine. :)

I've tried to do a zoomed in annotated picture.
Take this with 3 huge grains of salt,

#1 - Tesla's track record on sticking to this dream of a map has not been great.
#2 - Tesla has made the supercharger map less discover-able on their website. There is no direct link to it, if there is I missed it, either way, it's not easy to find now.
#3 - This is coming from me :D

Anyway, check out this fancy map -

upload_2016-12-29_17-6-31.png

The image you see on the left is current. You can see Laurel/Woodbridge/Hagerstown in those as markers.
Now look at the image on the right, the blue outline you see is the boundaries of the 2017 overlay.
The faded bubbles are new.

You can clearly see that there are two locations on 270, given the relative position to current hagerstown, I have marked those.

To me it looks like Frederick, and Bethesda. But as others say, Clarksburg could also be a real possibility.

Also, couple of more locations around the plains/leesburg, and perhaps martinsburg/winchester .. not sure!

Speculate away, where do you think we see those faded bubbles appearing?

#1 - Tesla's track record on sticking to this dream of a map has not been great.
#2 - Tesla has made the supercharger map less discover-able on their website. There is no direct link to it, if there is I missed it, either way, it's not easy to find now.

View attachment 208177

The image you see on the left is current. You can see Laurel/Woodbridge/Hagerstown in those as markers.
Now look at the image on the right, the blue outline you see is the boundaries of the 2017 overlay.

You can clearly see that there are two locations on 270, given the relative position to current hagerstown, I have marked those.

To me it looks like Frederick, and Bethesda. But as others say, Clarksburg could also be a real possibility.

Also, couple of more locations around the plains/leesburg, and perhaps martinsburg/winchester .. not sure!

It cannot be Frederick, as Frederick is not Northwest of Hagerstown.

View attachment 208177

The one you have labeled is as Beth/Clark seems more like Fredrick/Clarksburg area. There is another one that doesn't appear on your graphic that is squeezed in between Laurel and Woodbridge that could be around 270/495. That's what I see anyway.

upload_2016-12-30_13-56-14.png