Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beverly, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
New 10 stall Supercharger to be built in Beverly, MA at the North Beverly Plaza (Dodge St. exit off Yankee Division Hwy. [~20mi. NNE of Boston Common]). Unfortunately, Beverly's online permitting service totally sucks to use, so I'm just attaching a screencap of the electrical permit for the install which was issued on 2018-08-09. I'm not sure whether, in addition to the "electrical" one, Beverly requires a separate "building" permit. I wasn't able to find one, so it's possible that this site doesn't yet have all the needed approvals to start construction even though they've had the electrical permit approved for a while. Or it could just be that the crappy search functionality of Beverly's site made it impervious to my search-fu.

Map link to location: 55 Dodge St.; Beverly, MA; 01915
-------

The source for claiming that 10 stalls will be put in as well as for the particular location in the parking lot of the plaza where I dropped the pin in the linked google map is the Beverly Planning Board meeting discussing/approving the project. I've also attached a PDF of the relevant portion of the minutes from the meeting on 2017-12-19 (can't get a direct link to work).

@BlueShift

Attachments

• Beverly_electrical permit issued.png
    Beverly_electrical permit issued.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 266
  • Beverly_overview.JPG
    Beverly_overview.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 2017-12-19 BPB Minutes.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
It just doesn't make sense for these superchargers to exist at Dodge St. if they put in superchargers at the new Peabody Tesla store and service one exit away, especially considering the mall and food options there as well.
Agreed - but it's not at all clear there will be publicly available superchargers at the Peabody center (or even service center private superchargers, although I suspect they will get them). It does seem possible Tesla has put the Beverly site on hold until Peabody is up and running - they may have a public site at or near the Peabody SC in design and not yet permit ready...