Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Big Pine Key, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits have recently been filed for a new Supercharger in Big Pine Key. 8 stalls are coming soon to the Winn-Dixie located at 251 Key Deer Blvd.

Big Pine Key.jpg

*Some of the permit details were modified for accuracy reasons

Big Pine Key, FL

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1

To: Marathon, FL - 21.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Florida City, FL - 97.8 miles

V3 and density in the Florida Keys.

Reactions: jsight
Maybe a sign that Winn Dixie in the Keys is working with Tesla so maybe the Winn Dixie in Key West could be in process. Would be nice to have a SC at the end.

They do seem to have some kind of deal with Winn Dixie... Brooksville FL and Arcadia FL are both Winn Dixie locations as well, and I've charged at one other location near Tampa that was at a Winn Dixie.

I do like grocery store locations in general since they are almost never ice'd, usually have nice restrooms, and the walk to the store and back make charging seem shorter. Only downside is that they are usually not open 24x7.

They do seem to have some kind of deal with Winn Dixie... Brooksville FL and Arcadia FL are both Winn Dixie locations as well, and I've charged at one other location near Tampa that was at a Winn Dixie.

I do like grocery store locations in general since they are almost never ice'd, usually have nice restrooms, and the walk to the store and back make charging seem shorter. Only downside is that they are usually not open 24x7.
Tried the Winn Dixie in Key West this past weekend. Kinda meh, but also in the same strip mall is Jersey Mikes, a New York style Deli with real New York Bagels. Not to mention all kinds of other place that are open all kinds of hours a short stroll. Much better then Marathon location.

Reactions: GSP and jsight
The Florida Keys can surely use this and more SC sites. I can't imagine the stress I would have if I drove to Key West and found I didn't have enough charge to make it to the one SC that exists today in the Keys.

The airport at Key West would be another welcomed site for a SC.

Reactions: jsight
According to this Facebook post (it’s not my post) not only is this site already under construction, but should be online soon.

I am headed to the keys this weekend and I can drop by to verify. At very least it can be marked as under construction.

View attachment 848006
why do the lines look like they’re floating and have shadows?