Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Big Rapids, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some superchargers just went up this week at my local Meijer • r/teslamotors
WfR2ErB.jpg

Reactions: tomsModelS
That’s a bummer - Just checked plugshare and it looks a bit bleak around there except for “big rapids shopping center” with a 30 amp level 2 :(

Could probably do fine though with a good top up at the GR SC on your way up and back.

Side note for West MICHIGAN people - we should start up an EV Meetup once every couple months for food/drinks sharing at some spot with chargers ;)

That’s a bummer - Just checked plugshare and it looks a bit bleak around there except for “big rapids shopping center” with a 30 amp level 2 :(

Could probably do fine though with a good top up at the GR SC on your way up and back.

Side note for West MICHIGAN people - we should start up an EV Meetup once every couple months for food/drinks sharing at some spot with chargers ;)

If you live in GR, I think a round trip to BR shouldn't be a problem. I just ran up to BR from Grand Haven (back roads, driving very carefully), came back down to GR (at 70 MPH) and still had 85 miles left to get back home to Grand Haven. Not sure your range, but my older P85 will show 253 miles at a full charge.

I'd be up for a local meet up! :)

Was in Big Rapids this weekend, the chargers are still not activated. Look great and Meijer is keeping them cleared of snow for the most part (large snow bank in from of end one) but could not plug in.

Able to go round trip from GR to Big rapids without charging in 90D.

The community charger at the strip mall works fine if you have the time to charge. Small coffee shop across the street for refreshments.

How long on average does it take to install a SC? Big Rapids and others around MI are taking over 3 mths Is this normal?

Three months is not unusual . But I think we're actually approaching four with these in Michigan at this point, which definitely makes them outside the norm. I'm sure weather is a factor right now. Certainly the Christmas holidays slowed things down as well.

I've seen some SC's take almost a year to be built, others done in less than 100 days. So there's a full spectrum.