Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Big Timber, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vger, You are so welcome, thanks for the great visit, We will come visit you when we can! I drove to Big Timber, MT and confirmed that Big Timber has broken ground! There were some ditches, Tesla Crates and ground cleared for 4 spaces. It's at a Sinclair gas station called The Fort. The Fort, 228 Big Timber Loop Rd. Big Timber, MT 59011 406-932-5992. :smile:
image (4).jpeg
image (6).jpeg
image (7).jpeg
image (9).jpeg
image (11).jpeg
Can someone start a Big Timber Thread?
Thanks for the hospitality, for me and Ruby, Dr Guest!

I had a look at the Bozeman SC site on Saturday evening and nothing had changed yet from the photos above. Here's to hoping that transformer arrives and gets wired this coming week or next!

The distance from Billings to Bozeman is 138 miles, and there is a 1,500 foot elevation gain to Bozeman with a nice crossing of Bozeman Pass. This is a little more than my guideline of 133 miles, corrected by elevation on this route, 124 miles, but I could live with it for a while.

It's great to see Tesla breaking up these slightly marginal mountain routes, especially for 60's and big winter storms, but I really would like to see starts in Coeur d'Alene, Missoula, Butte, Sheridan, and Gillette soon...

Billings, Mt to Bozeman, Mt via Big Timber - Google Maps

It's great to see Tesla breaking up these slightly marginal mountain routes, especially for 60's and big winter storms, but I really would like to see starts in Coeur d'Alene, Missoula, Butte, Sheridan, and Gillette soon...

Gillette especially - right now it's way too far from Rapid City to Billings. I wonder who has used Billings, if anyone. It seems odd to have "stranded" Supercharger stations for months, but I guess that's just what happens when the delays are impossible to forecast.

Gillette especially - right now it's way too far from Rapid City to Billings. I wonder who has used Billings, if anyone. It seems odd to have "stranded" Supercharger stations for months, but I guess that's just what happens when the delays are impossible to forecast.

I live in Sheridan and have been to Billings a few times--once to enjoy a Sunday drive on the Beartooth Highway and other times just to visit and hit up Costco and a restaurant. Billings to Rapid City won't really be doable until both Sheridan and Gillette are in. Sheridan has a lease arrangement already, and I know Gillette is on the radar, but I haven't heard of any location yet. Sheridan to Rapid City is barely doable driving at 8/10s which is only feasible after midnight. There is a 6.6kW plugshare in Gillette in a pinch.

Vger, You are so welcome, thanks for the great visit, We will come visit you when we can! I drove to Big Timber, MT and confirmed that Big Timber has broken ground! There were some ditches, Tesla Crates and ground cleared for 4 spaces. It's at a Sinclair gas station called The Fort. The Fort, 228 Big Timber Loop Rd. Big Timber, MT 59011 406-932-5992. Can someone start a Big Timber Thread?

Done!

Supercharger - Big Timber, MT

I drove to Big Timber today to get the low-down. I found the general contractor on site at 4pm on a Saturday. This is his third install in Montana, but the first time he'd ever seen a Model S. Of course I had to make his day, so I took him for a ride. He's thrilled about what Tesla is doing--making history. They are waiting on the switch gear, which are the big grey/green units that sit with the tan superchargers behind the fences. He anticipates getting them around October 15th and hopes to be operational around the 20th. They have the transformer already. He said Bozeman is waiting on the transformer, which we knew, and he anticipates that arriving around October 15th as well.

Attachments

• Timber2.jpg
    Timber2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 473
I drove to Big Timber today to get the low-down. I found the general contractor on site at 4pm on a Saturday. This is his third install in Montana, but the first time he'd ever seen a Model S. Of course I had to make his day, so I took him for a ride. He's thrilled about what Tesla is doing--making history. They are waiting on the switch gear, which are the big grey/green units that sit with the tan superchargers behind the fences. He anticipates getting them around October 15th and hopes to be operational around the 20th. They have the transformer already. He said Bozeman is waiting on the transformer, which we knew, and he anticipates that arriving around October 15th as well.

Thanks for the update!

It really would be nice to see something happening in Sheridan and Casper soon...the Montana Island needs a causeway to South Dakota!

Dropping by the Big Timber SC today I see that they put a trashcan and squeegee out by the chargers, a great touch.
View attachment 229407
I was there twice during my round-trip trip across North America last October. The same can was there but no squeegee, but there were paper towels. ;)

big_timber.png

Met some very friendly people there! Both ways. :)

I made a collage of all superchargers visited on the way back, posted it in this post. Met exactly 4 other Tesla's in almost 3000 miles. I suspect that will change once Model 3 hits the roads.

Last edited: