Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Big Timber, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropping in to say that on our trip just before Labor Day we passed through the Big Timber SpC twice - and I’m very happy to report that the wiper wash / trash can that @Dynastar noted back in summer 2017 still is there and functioning. It also is the only such amenity I have seen in the nine states, 8 years, tens of thousands of miles and ~~???~~~hundreds of SpCs I’ve used. I wonder where their are others?

The three of us appreciated it very much. Two of us did not appreciate that the 2 y-o third member of the party insisted on using it to clean the entire vehicle. In fact, Major Meltdown was promoted to Major General Meltdown in the ensuing catastrophe, poor kid.

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian and IdaX
Dropping in to say that on our trip just before Labor Day we passed through the Big Timber SpC twice - and I’m very happy to report that the wiper wash / trash can that @Dynastar noted back in summer 2017 still is there and functioning. It also is the only such amenity I have seen in the nine states, 8 years, tens of thousands of miles and ~~???~~~hundreds of SpCs I’ve used. I wonder where their are others?

The three of us appreciated it very much. Two of us did not appreciate that the 2 y-o third member of the party insisted on using it to clean the entire vehicle. In fact, Major Meltdown was promoted to Major General Meltdown in the ensuing catastrophe, poor kid.
Spearfish and Wheatland quickly come to mind in the region. There are others.

Spearfish and Wheatland quickly come to mind in the region. There are others.
Centralia, WA
Springfield, MO

I'd say there are about 50 or so with trash cans by the supercharger and maybe 10-20 with squeegees. Of course there are many gas station/truck stop type superchargers where both are readily available a short walk away.

Also, for the record, the trash can and squeegee were at Big Timber the only time I plugged in there back in November 2016. Somehow I've managed to avoid it on every other trip. I guess I skip it since it's a slight diversion off of I-90.

We spent the night about 2-3 miles south of town at a very compelling RV campground: Big Springs RV & Fishing or some such. We'd give it four stars out of five. Its position below a levee offered it a natural windbreak, so instead of being exposed to 90mph winds, we were feeling only 60-75mph.

Pretty sweet charger and decently fast for a V2. I'll excuse it only being a 4 stall since it's fairly close to both Billings and Bozeman which are in dire need of upgrading to 6-10+ or at least adding a V3 cabinet and pedestals to these. Both 3/4 when I passed through resulting in the bottom half of the curve being wasted.

Reactions: IdaX