TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Birdhill, Ireland

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Chuq, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Chuq

Chuq Member

This one popped up on supercharge.info

M7 Jtn 27, Coolderry, Birdhill, Co. Tipperary

I notice it is called "Tipperary, Ireland" on SC, but it appears to be the county, not the town. It's about 50 km from Tipperary. You could say it's a long way.... ;)

• Funny x 2
  2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

...not only that, we've been waiting a long time for the beginning of Irish Superchargers! My first Irish Tesla trip is beckoning, :cool:

3. Chuq

Chuq Member

I don't think there are enough SCs across the Atlantic yet :)

• Funny x 2
  4. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

No, but Tesla stores exist over much of Europe and I have been a resident of an EU country for 26 years, so There is hope. So far I still ICE in Europe, but soon I hope to never drive another ICE.

It may be quite a while before BEV's have trans-Atlantic range, but Airbus already has two battery powered airplanes operating, one pure battery, the other a hybrid. The engineers have more-or-less publicly suggested they only need 100 times the engird density now available to make long-range electric power viable for airplanes. So, by the time that happens tesla will have covered all of Ireland pretty completely and we will be able to fly an electric airplane from, say, Gander to Shannon, so I'll be content.o_O

5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

This thread's six hours old and already (sort of) out of date! Another SpC permit site just opened up, in Ballacolla. Erin go bragh!

• Like x 1
  6. culverwood

culverwood Member

7. AlbertaNetZero

8. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

This looks encouraging. The decision tab shows that the application to build 12 superchargers was granted on June 26, 2017. Anybody know if construction has started?

9. arg

arg Supporting Member

Interesting that they already had permission for an 8-stall site, but before construction they re-applied for permission for 12 stalls.