Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Birdhill, Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...not only that, we've been waiting a long time for the beginning of Irish Superchargers! My first Irish Tesla trip is beckoning, :cool:

I don't think there are enough SCs across the Atlantic yet :)
No, but Tesla stores exist over much of Europe and I have been a resident of an EU country for 26 years, so There is hope. So far I still ICE in Europe, but soon I hope to never drive another ICE.

It may be quite a while before BEV's have trans-Atlantic range, but Airbus already has two battery powered airplanes operating, one pure battery, the other a hybrid. The engineers have more-or-less publicly suggested they only need 100 times the engird density now available to make long-range electric power viable for airplanes. So, by the time that happens tesla will have covered all of Ireland pretty completely and we will be able to fly an electric airplane from, say, Gander to Shannon, so I'll be content.o_O

Good news for Irish Tesla owners (I think!). On my way to Dublin yesterday called into Castlebellingham services southbound. Approached by workman asking about the car who told me they were installing a bank of superchargers and had already carried out the ground work on the northbound services. Called in northbound on my way up today and couldn't believe it - these just might be superchargers!

Attachments

• 20171017_135231.jpg
    20171017_135231.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: jbcarioca
Good news for Irish Tesla owners (I think!). On my way to Dublin yesterday called into Castlebellingham services southbound. Approached by workman asking about the car who told me they were installing a bank of superchargers and had already carried out the ground work on the northbound services. Called in northbound on my way up today and couldn't believe it - these just might be superchargers!
They certainly are, and in the new standard staggered format too. It seems they are well advanced. Is the transformer already in place?

They certainly are, and in the new standard staggered format too. It seems they are well advanced. Is the transformer already in place?
No sign of anything that looks like a transformer. Seems like they have stopped on the northbound to work on the southbound which is commencing groundwork. Workman told me they had to bring cabling cross underneath the motorway. Wonder how long it will take to commission. Guy said they had installed the one at Birdhill Tipperary