Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ladies and gentlemen, observe the modern, entitled Tesla driver!

I resemble that remark. :)

Also, how does waiting 5 minutes and getting 150kW instead of 250kW (or more accurately something in the 150-250kW range for a few minutes) add 30-45 minutes to your drive? Me thinks you're exaggerating just a touch.
I'm guessing they mean they had to split during the early part of the curve and averaged <70kw on a session that would usually be 110+kw average. Still not 30+ minutes, but I've found it mildly annoying too. Not a huge deal, of course.

I know a lot of splits have us both at exactly 72kw, but it seems like some stations (maybe older ones?) still prioritize. It jumped back to normal values as soon as the other car left.

I resemble that remark. :)

I'm guessing they mean they had to split during the early part of the curve and averaged <70kw on a session that would usually be 110+kw average. Still not 30+ minutes, but I've found it mildly annoying too. Not a huge deal, of course.

I know a lot of splits have us both at exactly 72kw, but it seems like some stations (maybe older ones?) still prioritize. It jumped back to normal values as soon as the other car left.
Yup thanks for clarification. I had forgotten about the sharing. I recently had a guy plug in to my paired stall for no reason right after I plugged in so that was annoying. I was a couple hundred feet away and decided not to run back and ask him to move (probably would have just thought I was a dick and wouldn't have understand why I wanted him to move anyway lol). I figured it cost me about 10 minutes.

Yup thanks for clarification. I had forgotten about the sharing. I recently had a guy plug in to my paired stall for no reason right after I plugged in so that was annoying. I was a couple hundred feet away and decided not to run back and ask him to move (probably would have just thought I was a dick and wouldn't have understand why I wanted him to move anyway lol). I figured it cost me about 10 minutes.
Same thing happened to me today in Santee, although all pairs were taken so the other guy had to plug in next to someone, so I didn’t say anything to him. I was a bit annoyed that it throttled me to 60 kW even though I was less than 20% SOC and fully preconditioned. Reminded me just how spoiled I have become with V3 superchargers. After all, it wasn’t that long ago I was plugging my 2015 Leaf (with 84 glorious miles of range) into a 50 kW Chademo and was AMAZED at how FAST it would charge.

You guys complaining about 150kW Supercharging need a 2013 Model S which has had Supercharging times doubled through firmware updates since the car was new. A 540 mile day used to take 100 minutes total at Bowling Green, Louisville, then Indianapolis. Took over 3 hours last time several years ago. So now I buy gasoline and save about 6 hours round trip.

Yes, with SOC at 30 miles the car will start with 115kW rate but very quickly drops to 70kW and is down to 30kW by the time it has 210 miles of what was a 265 mile new battery.

Damn sounds like you need an upgrade! Roadtrippin in that thing must be tough.

I like how my comment was cancelled while Plus EV is still up. Seattle ppl really don't like free speech huh? Cowards
We each had a post moved to some thread called "Snippiness." Check your notifications. I'm not a moderator here and I didn't report any of your comments. I notice your ad hominem attack though.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Just a heads up if you are depending on this SC this weekend (or any other weekend this fall)

The lot this SC is in @ the BJCC in Birmingham is a premium parking lot for the UAB football stadium. I'm sure it will still be open for Tesla charging (just an assumption, though) but keep in mind traffic will be NUTS down there

Reactions: LastGas
Just a heads up if you are depending on this SC this weekend (or any other weekend this fall)

The lot this SC is in @ the BJCC in Birmingham is a premium parking lot for the UAB football stadium. I'm sure it will still be open for Tesla charging (just an assumption, though) but keep in mind traffic will be NUTS down there
The game is at 6PM, and tailgating and so on is set to start as early as NOON. I would be shocked if this game isn't sold out. This is their first game in the new stadium, the team is very good, and this is s much nicer location than the previous stadium.

Go Blazers!

Reactions: WarEagleGo

Gotta love the people in the State of Alabama, were we try to de-conflict Football stadium tailgating from other activities.

Seriously it is a good idea to warn those not familiar with Football Saturday's Down South

I was just there on Sunday. The gates to the lot have been removed. Yay!
I was there 10/29/2021 and wasn't sure whether the gate was removed or had been ripped out by force.

Site was busier than I have ever seen it but for the "party" we held shortly after it opened. 6 of 8 occupied. No choice but to split power with another. Doesn't matter much with my lame 2013, it won't charge faster than 60kW for long anyway.

I just paid $3 to get into the lot to charge my Tesla. Didn't see a ticket to validate.
Have they put up a different gate which charges to get in vs the original gate which charges to get out?

I was there last month. The lot was full but a guard waved me in. I might have entered via the exit lane, I forget.

Heard the Buc-ees Supercharger is open in Leeds. Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum is my primary attraction to go to Birmingham.

I was there yesterday morning (10am). No guard, and was charged $3 for the pleasure of parking near BJCC.

Edit: Oh! And the sign says "parking validated by nearby vendors" but the only thing open was the coffee shop (in the hotel). The barista told me to ask the front desk clerk, who told me they do not validate for that lot.

We were routed to the Mountain Brook SC on the way up. If you have a spare 20 min I highly recommend going there instead.

Reactions: N4HHE and Pluto
I was there yesterday morning (10am). No guard, and was charged $3 for the pleasure of parking near BJCC.

Edit: Oh! And the sign says "parking validated by nearby vendors" but the only thing open was the coffee shop (in the hotel). The barista told me to ask the front desk clerk, who told me they do not validate for that lot.

We were routed to the Mountain Brook SC on the way up. If you have a spare 20 min I highly recommend going there instead.
If heading East, there's the new V3 Supercharger in Leeds, AL at a Buc-ees.

Reactions: N4HHE and bhorn
Barber Tag Day is April 9. I’ll be at Buc-ees in the morning and/or afternoon. Parade laps on the track seem to be scheduled for noon this time, usually earlier. Wouldn’t go if I had to use the Uptown SC again.

Motorcycle Tag Day is April 16. Probably be there on the Yamaha.