Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blacksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because they are building V4 stalls. V3 are likely old inventory being sent to locations where V4 isn’t a priority.
Put the parts are most likely leaving the same factory, Buffalo. Why not make the retrofit at the factory than in the field after the site is up and running. Doesn't make sense. Not sure I buy this explanation honestly. Guess we'll see if Blacksburg opens up to non-Teslas and in what timeframe.

Put the parts are most likely leaving the same factory, Buffalo. Why not make the retrofit at the factory than in the field after the site is up and running. Doesn't make sense. Not sure I buy this explanation honestly. Guess we'll see if Blacksburg opens up to non-Teslas and in what timeframe.
So you want a factory that has been set up to build V4 pedestals to stop that process, bring in already built V3 and swap some boards instead isn’t of building more V4? It’s simple. Tesla has shifted to V4 and it’s an easy field swap by the mobile teams so just let them do it and let the factory build V4.

T
So you want a factory that has been set up to build V4 pedestals to stop that process, bring in already built V3 and swap some boards instead isn’t of building more V4? It’s simple. Tesla has shifted to V4 and it’s an easy field swap by the mobile teams so just let them do it and let the factory build V4.
The v3 stalls have to be sitting in storage somewhere. They're not on site for 6 months. Make the changes while they're still in storage rather than on site. Tesla has been in the process of retrofitting sites for a long time,

T

The v3 stalls have to be sitting in storage somewhere. They're not on site for 6 months. Make the changes while they're still in storage rather than on site. Tesla has been in the process of retrofitting sites for a long time,
There are no assembly lines or work areas in storage where they can power these with 400VDC. Just accept that Tesla wants to do these upgrade in the field. It is what it is and no logical explanation seems to make sense to you.

There are no assembly lines or work areas in storage where they can power these with 400VDC. Just accept that Tesla wants to do these upgrade in the field. It is what it is and no logical explanation seems to make sense to you.
Thanks for being extremely rude. Not need.

Blacksburg still remains locked down to Tesla only (which has been open for over a month), however sites that are going live are immediately showing open for NACS. So its not that straight forward, thanks.

1712321163434.png

1712321189272.png

1712321209099.png

1712321299605.png

Blacksburg still remains locked down to Tesla only (which has been open for over a month), however sites that are going live are immediately showing open for NACS. So its not that straight forward, thanks.

View attachment 1035777

View attachment 1035778

View attachment 1035779

View attachment 1035780
think its supply and demand, meaning if the new VT supercharger is busy, high utilization of Teslas, then there is no need to open up as NACS, to non-Teslas
the priority right now is for Tesla owners and fit in the non-Teslas where there is lower utilization, sorry Ford and Riv

fun fact, NY JFK airport 12 stall supercharger, typical Tesla vehicle wait can be 30-60 minutes with uber drivers packed in, its not open to non-Teslas for obvious reasons

Reactions: airj1012
think its supply and demand, meaning if the new VT supercharger is busy, high utilization of Teslas, then there is no need to open up as NACS, to non-Teslas
the priority right now is for Tesla owners and fit in the non-Teslas where there is lower utilization, sorry Ford and Riv

fun fact, NY JFK airport 12 stall supercharger, typical Tesla vehicle wait can be 30-60 minutes with uber drivers packed in, its not open to non-Teslas for obvious reasons
Interesting, so they actually removed the capability? Love to see that Tesla has the ability to be agile. Would be unfortunate if you were non-Tesla and just drove there and found out the hard way though!

Interesting, so they actually removed the capability? Love to see that Tesla has the ability to be agile. Would be unfortunate if you were non-Tesla and just drove there and found out the hard way though!
I do think the NYC site was ever open to non Tesla.

View attachment 1035777

View attachment 1035778

View attachment 1035779

View attachment 1035780
I provided logical reasons for everything I posted and you rejected every one of them saying Tesla should do it how you thought they should do it. Now someone posts the same type of response to your NACS point and you accept it without question 🤷‍♂️

I do think the NYC site was ever open to non Tesla.

I provided logical reasons for everything I posted and you rejected every one of them saying Tesla should do it how you thought they should do it. Now someone posts the same type of response to your NACS point and you accept it without question 🤷‍♂️
Great. You came back to be rude again. Please go somewhere else.