Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blacksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Sheetz is planning their first store in Blacksburg, and is currently going through approvals with the town's planning commission and town council.

In the project description, Sheetz said they will bring 8 Superchargers to the station, located at 1704 South Main Street. There will a planning commission work session on November 16th and a PC public hearing on December 7th, if any locals want to show support for a Supercharger (and Sheetz store) in Blacksburg. All details are available at the link.

I will wait for the project to be approved before calling this a go.

CUP 21-0005-Sheetz at First and Main-1704 South Main St. | Blacksburg, VA (First PDF has the site plans)

Blacksburg.jpg

Blacksburg, VA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-460
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-460

To: Salem, VA - 29.6 miles
Diversion: 2.6 miles
To: Lynchburg, VA - 86.3 miles

Another Supercharger at a Sheetz.
On US-460.

I think the pin may have been removed because this location won't be open for a while. Definitely not 2022. I'm hoping that it'll be completed for 2023 football season. Unlike most Supercharger locations, the business (Sheetz) still needs to be built. Superchargers can be built fairly quickly at existing locations when the pedestals are prefabricated but the bottleneck here is Sheetz construction.

Sure could've used a Blacksburg supercharger this weekend! Got there with 42 miles range. I stayed at the Inn at Va Tech, which has two level two chargers. Both in use (Model 3, and some sort of BMW Plug-in Hybrid. Went to the Kroger (which I have used before) but it is busted (used to be free, now has some sort of credit card charge but it is not Blink, Greenlots, or Chargepoint). SO I went to Campus Auto, which ahs two free Level 2 chargers. One was ice'd with customer car, the other was open, Charged up my trusty P85 for 10.5 hours (!!). Next time I will top off at Salem before I head to Va Tech!

Sure could've used a Blacksburg supercharger this weekend! Got there with 42 miles range. I stayed at the Inn at Va Tech, which has two level two chargers. Both in use (Model 3, and some sort of BMW Plug-in Hybrid. Went to the Kroger (which I have used before) but it is busted (used to be free, now has some sort of credit card charge but it is not Blink, Greenlots, or Chargepoint). SO I went to Campus Auto, which ahs two free Level 2 chargers. One was ice'd with customer car, the other was open, Charged up my trusty P85 for 10.5 hours (!!). Next time I will top off at Salem before I head to Va Tech!
I used the 6 Chargepoint EVSEs in front of Squires. Parking is free while you are actively charging. The only bummer is they are only 6kW.

I used the 6 Chargepoint EVSEs in front of Squires. Parking is free while you are actively charging. The only bummer is they are only 6kW.
I had no idea they were there! Sure enough I missed them all together when I looked at Plugshare! Thanks for calling this to my attention. Also, I sent an email to Matt (Owner) of Campus Auto thanking him for the free juice - he responded back right away! Also sent an email to VT asking for more chargers at the Inn at Va Tech (for those who are staying there).

Thanks for the tip with Campus Auto, nice vendor
About to arrive in Blackburg and just received my CCS, I'm a MYP owner, so I will be going to EV2Go
Besides a lot of retail missing at Blackburg, no Costco, etc, I am doubly amazing no Tesla Supercharger..one day

Reactions: jthompson
From my source. Project is moving slowly but construction is targeted to start this summer and hopefully wrap up EOY. Sounds like a no-go for '23 football season.
I'll take EOY 23. A Supercharger in Blacksburg would be fabulous. I also bet it will include the CCS magic dock so the US government covers half the install cost. The big question is whether they will be pull-through stalls instead of having the pedestals placed behind the spot as most Sheetz are now. Without pull-through stalls, opening to CCS customers would be a disaster unless Tesla makes the cord MUCH longer.