Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, not sure I understand this location. Any SC is good, blah blah, but there are lots of locations in WA pending that would be more useful. I don't much buy the roundtrip to Vancouver easier story. There are 3 Superchargers in Vancouver.

Nonsense. The only kind of on the way SC in Vancouver is the Surrey one, and that’s only if you take trans Canada highway for some reason. Every other Vancouver supercharger is so out of way for travellers that it’s terrible. White Rock or Richmond alongside BC 99N should absolutely be next ones to get built. Tesla, PLEASE!

Yeah, not sure I understand this location. Any SC is good, blah blah, but there are lots of locations in WA pending that would be more useful. I don't much buy the roundtrip to Vancouver easier story. There are 3 Superchargers in Vancouver.
I agree, but perhaps this is a replacement/alternative for a Bellingham SC site that fell through. We saw the same thing with Leavenworth instead of Wenatchee. In retrospect, Leavenworth is a better location for the majority of Seattle/Everett drivers goin east, so maybe Blaine is better for Canadians heading south to Bellingham for shopping. In any case, more is better and even more will be needed as model 3 deliveries ramp up for the BC incentives.

Reactions: Big Earl
What about my White Rock charger? This location is great, except my Nexus just expired last month. Hopefully, this location will have v3.0 chargers by the looks of the amps.

Honestly, I am sort of sick of all the 72kW chargers around the lower mainland. Please, Tesla, plan to add some 150kW chargers or 250kW.

This may very well be White Rock. When it goes live we’ll know by seeing whether White Rock is removed from the coming soon map.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but these look like old 120 / new 150kw cabinets and not the urban 72kw?
Yes, you're right. You can't tell the cabinets from just looking at the exterior unless you're close enough to read the actual nameplate which has some text identifying type. But the pedestal bases are different from those used for urban chargers. These should be the traditional style and therefore 150 kW.

They are 150's, also here's the exact location
Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 11.47.47 PM.png

This is great news for me! I have relatives who live on the North side of Bellingham just off of I-5 so this will be much more convenient than the Burlington supercharger, over 30 miles away. I've also been to the Birch Bay center, and it's a good location overall. Now, think they can get it finished by the week of the 4th of July??? I'm driving up then!

This is great news for me! I have relatives who live on the North side of Bellingham just off of I-5 so this will be much more convenient than the Burlington supercharger, over 30 miles away. I've also been to the Birch Bay center, and it's a good location overall. Now, think they can get it finished by the week of the 4th of July??? I'm driving up then!
It’s possible but unlikely.

I doubt Burlington will be one of those locations. I envision stations that routinely have lines to charge being the ones that get the 80% rule. Also, opening Blaine will take significant pressure off of Burlington.
Yes and given that there are 14 stalls in Arlington that are almost never used, there's really no excuse for Burlington forming a line, even now.

What about my White Rock charger? This location is great, except my Nexus just expired last month. Hopefully, this location will have v3.0 chargers by the looks of the amps.

Honestly, I am sort of sick of all the 72kW chargers around the lower mainland. Please, Tesla, plan to add some 150kW chargers or 250kW.

C'mon, why do you need a 150kW charger close to where you live?

I'd prefer to have them everywhere else I travel first.

Also, this location is perfect when you renew your Nexus if you have to go to the office. It's in the same parking lot :)

Reactions: Soolim

Nonsense. The only kind of on the way SC in Vancouver is the Surrey one, and that’s only if you take trans Canada highway for some reason. Every other Vancouver supercharger is so out of way for travellers that it’s terrible. White Rock or Richmond alongside BC 99N should absolutely be next ones to get built. Tesla, PLEASE!

Agree with this, except the part where White Rock or Richmond needs one. When you cross northbound, you get a traffic split. Some people take 99 and head towards Richmond/Vancouver, some head straight north and head to the Hwy 1 to go East.

The I-5 feeds into the 99, so it doesn't make much difference now. Why have one only 25 miles north of this new Blaine one? Makes not much sense to me. Also the Canadian ones charge per minute, and the WA state ones charge per kWh. Much much better to have it in Blaine than Richmond or White Rock/Surrey along 99 IMO.

Everyone coming into Canada (in this area) will go by it, everyone going south into the US will go by it. Perfect location.

We live in Seattle and use the Vancouver airport often. We usually drive straight to the airport, and park the car. On the return trip we usually don't have enough charge remaining (in Winter and after some time has passed) to make it to Burlington. This makes it easy for us to complete the trip without having to stop at that out of the way outlet mall in Canada.

Agree with this.

If by "out of the way outlet mall" you mean Tsawassen Mills, it's actually more of a real "shopping mall" IMO, and it is a tad bit out of the way for people on the 99 (10 min detour?), but it is very conveniently located for anyone taking the 17 to or from the ferry terminal. It's a great location to hit on the way to or back from Vancouver Island. 3 miles from the ferry terminal, and essentially zero detour.

Reactions: Soolim
Agree with this, except the part where White Rock or Richmond needs one. When you cross northbound, you get a traffic split. Some people take 99 and head towards Richmond/Vancouver, some head straight north and head to the Hwy 1 to go East.

The I-5 feeds into the 99, so it doesn't make much difference now. Why have one only 25 miles north of this new Blaine one? Makes not much sense to me. Also the Canadian ones charge per minute, and the WA state ones charge per kWh. Much much better to have it in Blaine than Richmond or White Rock/Surrey along 99 IMO.

Everyone coming into Canada (in this area) will go by it, everyone going south into the US will go by it. Perfect location.

Richmond needs a supercharger without even taking into account BC 99 traffic. Many Teslas there. And when you take Bc 99 traffic into account, then it needs it even more. Crossing the border definitely isn’t as convenient, or even possible, sometimes.

Going across the border just to charge definitely isn’t very convenient or handy. I fully expect Tesla to build up a Richmond supercharger, especially taking into account more and more Teslas in that area as well.

Reactions: MarcoRP