Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could see the new Blaine SC as I drove by on I-5 southbound this a.m. Seemed all the stalls were empty - hopefully remains peaceful there this weekend!
Yeah, it's visible from the highway. Strange on my MS the map says 72kW charger and doesn't list the stalls. BTW guys, Stall 3A in at Guilford SC is broken.
06187186-2C11-402E-BCF8-10BEB374DA34.jpeg

Edit: yesterday when I stopped and ate Bobs on my way back from Seattle & at the charger I was getting 146kW, I arrived with like 7% and left with 90%.

Reactions: Mbrockus and f-stop
Nobody else here when I arrived Sunday night (an X and another S pulled up a bit later). Arrived with about 33%, was getting about 75kW to start. A convenient spot for me to stop briefly after driving direct from Seattle on the way home.

Live #stalls status is still missing on the car Nav although the SC is still listed there in the maps, showing 150kW max

0EAAA213-D1DA-416A-98DD-8BD659372333.jpeg

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Nobody else here when I arrived Sunday night (an X and another S pulled up a bit later). Arrived with about 33%, was getting about 75kW to start. A convenient spot for me to stop briefly after driving direct from Seattle on the way home.

Live #stalls status is still missing on the car Nav although the SC is still listed there in the maps, showing 150kW max

View attachment 468382

Live status appears to be working now but I am confused if this is a 150K V2 charger or a urban charger.

That's what I thought - Odd that the display is incorrect in the Navigation program. It is still not on the map at Tesla.com either. The SuperCharger program is managed so strangely.
stranger still that it showed 150kW on my nav both on Sat am and Sunday night, but 72kW on the example shown by @Poobearcretu
and yes, they're definitely 150kW units

btw I noticed Jack in the Box is open until 2am, convenient to use their washroom as they're right near the chargers. I didn't notice until I left that the Market was open until 10pm, don't know about the coffee or burger shops

btw I noticed Jack in the Box is open until 2am, convenient to use their washroom as they're right near the chargers.
I can't definitively say for this particular Jack in the Box, but all the late night fast food places near where I live are drive-thru only after like 10pm or midnight. So, before I counted on being able to use the restrooms late at night, I would be careful to check whether the in-store dining, and therefore restroom access, is actually open during their full hours.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I can't definitively say for this particular Jack in the Box, but all the late night fast food places near where I live are drive-thru only after like 10pm or midnight. So, before I counted on being able to use the restrooms late at night, I would be careful to check whether the in-store dining, and therefore restroom access, is actually open during their full hours.
fair point, good idea to check. I was at this JitB around 9:30m Sun and noticed its Google listing saying 'til 2am (also 24hr Sat), but didn't look closely to confirm that was for dine in specifically

Stall 3A in at Guilford SC is broken.

Actually Poobear it is 3B at Guildford that is broken...

.... as I noted it PlugShare Check In's both today and last week on Oct 14. Someone has even taped a note on it saying "Out of Service since Oct 7th".

Following proper etiquette, I removed the cable from the docked position and draped it across the top to give a very visible indication that it is out of service to others who arrived after I left.

Just found out about Blaine going live this evening. The couple in the Model-3 next were from White Rock and asked me where the Burrard Street TSC was. I showed them on my App and then they showed me their App which showed their closest four, Blaine, Surrey, Twassen and Pacific Centre.

Any how nice to see Blaine get their TSC. Congrats to them and welcome to the Tesla family.

Kindest regards,
Hugh-SG

... and it got Added it to PlugShare this evening.
seems an "unofficial" entry, likely manually created by a general user (note it shows 14 HPWCs, instead of Supercharger plugs).

My understanding is that Plugshare moderators create the official Supercharger entries based on notice from Tesla, and ordinary Plugshare users cannot create or even edit an actual Supercharger entry (hence, HPWCs and an ordinary green pin rather than orange on this "first" listing).

Since this Blaine SC still doesn't appear on Tesla's official map (at least, at the moment as I write this), I guess they're slow updating the info, as seems often the case... and therefore Plugshare is similarly not yet up to date on this. (seen this before for other SC locations)

seems an "unofficial" entry, likely manually created by a general user (note it shows 14 HPWCs, instead of Supercharger plugs).

My understanding is that Plugshare moderators create the official Supercharger entries based on notice from Tesla, and ordinary Plugshare users cannot create or even edit an actual Supercharger entry (hence, HPWCs and an ordinary green pin rather than orange on this "first" listing).

Since this Blaine SC still doesn't appear on Tesla's official map (at least, at the moment as I write this), I guess they're slow updating the info, as seems often the case... and therefore Plugshare is similarly not yet up to date on this. (seen this before for other SC locations)
I did some spot checking and it appears that the SuperCharger map at tesla.com is at least a month old. I just don't "get it" why they can't keep this kind of thing up to date.

Large company + "publish" + "internet" = everything is always slower and/or more complicated than it seems like it needs to be to people not in the room
I don't think company size has anything to do with it. If Elon made in an emphasis it would happen right away. Tesla obviously has the data, it just need to be ported over the the site daily instead of what looks like a habitual 3 to 4 week lag. According to the sitemap tesla.com has been update about 40 times this month.

• Informative

Thank you for that information. Learn something new and yes I agree with you on Tesla being very slow at keeping their maps, (both in car and on the Supercharger trip planning web page) up to date.

So I manually added Blaine to the Map, as info available to me indicated that it had been up and running for at least a week.

My intention was help folks have a chance to find it and put it to use.

The PlugShare Mod's are most welcome to Edit my entry to show in Orange with proper Tesla plugs or even do a remove and replace.

Food for thought,
Hugh-SG