Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blakeslee, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wnuk

Jul 9, 2017
PA
Construction looks like it started at the Wawa located at the intersection of Rt 115 & Rt 940. This is about a mile off of I80 in the Poconos
6C9C4D3D-3691-4902-A78D-125B2FA6247C.jpeg

That’s exactly where construction is happening. No cabinets just yet.

A bit puzzled by this location as there are two super charger locations maybe 10-15 miles away in Tannersville and Broadheadsville. Keep hoping they fill the gap on the I81 corridor between Harrisburg and Scranton

Blakeslee, PA

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Wawa
Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-80

To: Tannersville, PA - 18.2 miles
Diversion: 3.5 miles
To: Bartonsville, PA - 21.6 miles

Construction at a Wawa, conduit along the edge of the parking lot away from the pumps. What else could it be?

A Wawa incursion deep into Sheetz country improving v3 density along eastern I-80, dividing two older v2s and breaking up a 130.7 miles gap between v3s in Mill Hall, PA and Bartonsville, PA.

Reactions: PStewart and Ejay87

A bit puzzled by this location as there are two super charger locations maybe 10-15 miles away in Tannersville and Broadheadsville. Keep hoping they fill the gap on the I81 corridor between Harrisburg and Scranton

Bloomsburg, PA and Tannersville, PA are both v2. This splits a gap between v3 Superchargers.
And never question locations at one of their major partners, just be happy that they're there.

Reactions: Ejay87 and Wnuk

80 West Bound this after the hill, Plus it serves the resorts and attractions, in the area, and the Wilkes-Barre direction.

Broken record, but again, this isn't going to have any pull through spots for trailers. Between the Water Gap and here, under 30 mins of driving, 4 superchargers on a main cross-country rout and and no pull through trailer charging. Really wish they started thinking ahead.

Reactions: Ejay87 and Wnuk
The Tesla map says that this SC is not scheduled to be done until Q2 of 2023, yet this easily looks to be done in Q3 of THIS YEAR. Why would they be so out of sync?

tesla.com/findus is not to be trusted or relied upon for anything. They list sites as open that aren't, they leave out sites that are coming soon, they list service center sites that service center employees say are for service use only, and coming soon estimates have historically been all over the map. It's getting better, but still more of a general reference than anything to be counted on.

• Helpful
Reactions: Thinkje
Thanks for reporting this. ABRP and other supercharger sites such as supercharge.info use a number of data sources for the list of open supercharger sites. The most reliable information is frequently first-hand reports of a site going live or commencing construction on social media platforms such as TMC. Tesla's supercharger data feeds often lag behind actual site openings - and, on some occasions, sometimes show a site as live even when it may not yet be up.

As always, the in-car navigation data for superchargers along a planned route is the most up-to-date and reliable source of information.

Thanks for reporting this. ABRP and other supercharger sites such as supercharge.info use a number of data sources for the list of open supercharger sites. The most reliable information is frequently first-hand reports of a site going live or commencing construction on social media platforms such as TMC. Tesla's supercharger data feeds often lag behind actual site openings - and, on some occasions, sometimes show a site as live even when it may not yet be up.

As always, the in-car navigation data for superchargers along a planned route is the most up-to-date and reliable source of information.
Pretty sure ABRP uses a quasi-official source right from Tesla as it gets live stall utilization info, so I consider it as trustworthy as the in-car nav, whereas supercharge.info and Plugshare are most definitely crowd-sourced.

Pretty sure ABRP uses a quasi-official source right from Tesla as it gets live stall utilization info, so I consider it as trustworthy as the in-car nav, whereas supercharge.info and Plugshare are most definitely crowd-sourced.
Agreed. The point I was attempting to convey was that depending on where you go you might get different information. Sometimes the crowdsourced info is more up-to-date than the web-based Tesla properties (ex. tesla.com/findus). But if the community hasn't stumbled upon a site going live yet, the tesla website (or in-car nav) may be the first evidence of a site coming online.