Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blind River ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted a new install today during a road trip.
It's at an esso at blind river I believe. I added it to plug share.
Could you get any photos? That would be the best indication to know for sure if it is a Supercharger. Also, if the description on PlugShare is correct, this is very likely going to be a Supercharger.
72128872-7360-49BD-85C4-3312D6AB68B5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife took a picture with her DSLR. I'll see if I can get the photo from it tonight. We tried to get a picture of the crate too but the fence was making that hard. I wasn't too sure what it was until I saw some corridors for the pull in forward stall.

it appeared to have two small pipes and one larger pipe for each stall if that tells you if it's v3 or not.

At the moment there's no telling what it is. It could be Tesla or it could be another 3rd party fast charger, or it could be nothing to do with a charging station!

The only ancillary evidence is that Tesla has suddenly started construction of a large number of supercharger stations across the TCH in that area.

Reactions: outdoors
At the moment there's no telling what it is. It could be Tesla or it could be another 3rd party fast charger, or it could be nothing to do with a charging station!

The only ancillary evidence is that Tesla has suddenly started construction of a large number of supercharger stations across the TCH in that area.
I think best we can say is that the layout and design is consistent with the other recent builds that are believed to be Tesla related along TCH.

Edit: but we don't really have any incontrovertible proof that any of those are superchargers either. Hopefully some recognizable hardware will show up on those sites soon to remove any lingering doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
Blind River, ON

Along National Highways I-TCH/ON-17

To: Espanola, ON - 93.7 km
Diversion: 0.1 km
To: Sudbury, ON - 161 km

To: Sault Ste. Marie, MI (TCH, local, I-75) - 153.8km
To: Gaylord, MI (TCH, local, I-75) - 334.7km
To: Howard, MI (TCH, local, I-75, MI-28*,MI-17,US-2,MI-35,US-41) - 603.2km
To: Wausau - Hilton Garden Inn, WI (TCH, local, I-75, MI-28*,MI-17,US-2,MI-35,US-41,WI-CTH-S,WI-32,WI-160,WI-29) - 724.3km
To: Duluth, MN (TCH, local, I-75, MI-28,US-41/MI-28,US-2,I-535,I-35) - 816.7km

If a Supercharger, this will add to the TCH chain west of Sudbury, ON.

It's also only 153.8km from the Supercharger location identified in Sault Ste. Marie, MI and 334.7km to Gaylord, MI.

* Actually M-28 but I use the state code here

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
I think best we can say is that the layout and design is consistent with the other recent builds that are believed to be Tesla related along TCH.

Edit: but we don't really have any incontrovertible proof that any of those are superchargers either. Hopefully some recognizable hardware will show up on those sites soon to remove any lingering doubt.
I'd say it's most certainly an EV charger of some sort and likely a supercharger, but would not bet my life on it just yet. One problem is that we never had a permit for Blind River. If we had a permit for this address, I'd be willing to mark it as a construction cone on supercharge.info, but without that permit we need more evidence.

It's also worth noting that the Canadian government (Natural Resources Canada) is sponsoring a Level 3 charger in for Blind River. Two chargers, actually. It's through an organization/business called "2587265 Ontario Inc.", whatever that is.
Supposedly, it's to be at 25 Francis St., but considering that's a residential neighborhood, that seems unlikely. (OTOH, there is an electrical substation right there.)

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants – Phase 2 | Natural Resources Canada

Green Infrastructures Program - Phase 2 - Google My Maps

@JustADude: should this charger be added to plugshare before it's operational? I thought plugshare was meant to show working charging places (I know there are exceptions such as under repair chargers). [I am a newbie (since November) to driving an EV, so I could be wrong on this.] It would make more sense, IMHO, to at least get the icon changed to the "under repair" icon until it opens.

@JustADude: should this charger be added to plugshare before it's operational? I thought plugshare was meant to show working charging places (I know there are exceptions such as under repair chargers). [I am a newbie (since November) to driving an EV, so I could be wrong on this.] It would make more sense, IMHO, to at least get the icon changed to the "under repair" icon until it opens.
It should not be listed on Plugshare whatsoever until it is operational. When that happens only Tesla has the authority to add it. When random people try to add superchargers, it just gets confusing. Usually it goes up as a destination charger and that's before it is even functional.