Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomington, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solid progress!

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    959.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    871.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    786.3 KB · Views: 112
robably still a couple weeks to go, based on previous patterns of Supercharger commissioning in the Twin Cities (ie, St Paul Target). I haven't been out to this one, but from the pictures the green transformer is still missing.
Yes, in the latest pic you can see some fairly hefty cables coming out of the ground beside the big white box, behind the last pedestal. The green transformer, I assume, is the power company's issue - and I assume if they are like here, they operate on their own schedule. (And to be fair, with their own supply chain issues. It's not like you can pick up a transformer like that at Home Depot or Tractor Supply.).

Yes, in the latest pic you can see some fairly hefty cables coming out of the ground beside the big white box, behind the last pedestal. The green transformer, I assume, is the power company's issue - and I assume if they are like here, they operate on their own schedule. (And to be fair, with their own supply chain issues. It's not like you can pick up a transformer like that at Home Depot or Tractor Supply.).
A year or two ago I was talking with the city manager for St. Peter about the DCFCs that ZEF was going to be installing there. The installation had been delayed because the lead time on transformers had gone from 1-2 months to 6-9 months because of supply chain issues caused by Covid and it was looking to get even worse he said. While I hope the situation has improved I doubt it's back down to 1-2 month lead times.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Construction is done!

Attachments

• 61CA3A40-59F0-44F3-9047-ED9A9306A4A7.jpeg
    61CA3A40-59F0-44F3-9047-ED9A9306A4A7.jpeg
    758.1 KB · Views: 79
  • CE9609C0-DA28-4DCC-8EB5-59896C91711D.jpeg
    CE9609C0-DA28-4DCC-8EB5-59896C91711D.jpeg
    915.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 6B837FA9-0B8D-4DAE-A70D-3C49F50EE6CF.jpeg
    6B837FA9-0B8D-4DAE-A70D-3C49F50EE6CF.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Cyberjr and mociaf9
Cool. But, no transformer. That could potentially be 6 months away with supply chain issues. :(
(6 month delays on transformers was mentioned on another thread). Seems odd that they did not pour a concrete pad for the transformer.
Either way, however long the transformer takes will likely tell us how long Maple Grove will take to get done.
I wonder if Monticello or North Branch will break ground next?…

Reactions: Cyberjr
Cool. But, no transformer. That could potentially be 6 months away with supply chain issues. :(
(6 month delays on transformers was mentioned on another thread). Seems odd that they did not pour a concrete pad for the transformer.
Either way, however long the transformer takes will likely tell us how long Maple Grove will take to get done.
I wonder if Monticello or North Branch will break ground next?…
oh man :(

I hope it doesn't take 6 months... that would mean we'd have to wait until next spring? so like almost another 12 months

Yes, that's what I saw Sunday too. Meanwhile, SLP was pretty close to full while we were there about 2PM, so I'm sure they could use more chargers in the city. In Winnipeg we try to count the Tesla's we see each time we're out and about - usually at least one, often 3 or 4. In Minneapolis, why try to keep track? There's one seen every other minute, sometimes two or three at once.

Minneapolis to Winnipeg - start with a full charge overnight at the Hilton, cost $48 in supercharging (Alexandria, Fargo, Grand Forks) to get home to Winnipeg going 75mph with two bikes on a trailer hitch rack. That's about 700km/420mi. In the BMW that would be about 90L of gas (24 gal) at $4.79 a gallon MN price would be $US 114