Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just heard back from Plugshare on this (I let them know it was up and running and a true Supercharger) -

"Our in house data editing team will import this as soon as it comes in through our data feed. Tesla has asked us not to list Supercharger locations until they have them available on their own website first."

Interesting. . . My guess is someone manually added this. Plugshare will handle once Tesla green lights.

Wow, that is...special. :confused: I've seen really screwed up listings like that on a couple of others too. Usually on the actual Tesla Superchargers, someone official at Plugshare does those listings so they are not inaccurate like that for long.

When you try to add a supercharger to plugshare you are kind of forced into this. It doesn't allow you to select Supercharger, so HPWC is the closest option. I had the same problem when I added Newburgh NY. I'm not sure why he listed it as restricted... Anyway, I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
When you try to add a supercharger to plugshare you are kind of forced into this. It doesn't allow you to select Supercharger, so HPWC is the closest option. I had the same problem when I added Newburgh NY. I'm not sure why he listed it as restricted... Anyway, I'm sure it will get fixed soon.
Yeah, I noticed that, but a sensible person would realize when you can't enter it, that leaving it alone and not doing it is preferable to putting in an incorrect entry. (Although, I suppose I'm a little hypocritical, because Plugshare does not give 14-30 as an option, so I support listing it as a 14-50 just to get it there and clarifying in the comments that it is actually a 14-30.)

OK, so since there's more support for next weekend.......
How about Saturday October 1st at noon?
For those that want to socialize afterwards how about Turkey Hill Brewing down the road? We're bringing our dog and they have outside seating where Ruby Tuesday's doesn't. Assuming the weather is good. They also have destination chargers for those that don't get their fill at the SC.

For those that want to socialize afterwards how about Turkey Hill Brewing down the road? We're bringing our dog and they have outside seating where Ruby Tuesday's doesn't. Assuming the weather is good. They also have destination chargers for those that don't get their fill at the SC.
Oct 1st, noon on my calendar. If that doesn't work I can do Sunday as long as I know a few days before.

Little out of the way for someone travelling north from Harrisburg to NY State - there is a N/S corridor with the Route 15 / 180 interchange. Putting it near there would have been possible to served both 80 E/W and the N/S traffic more conveniently and closer to Pittsburgh too. Maybe Sheetz (HQ in Altoona) will have various CHAdeMO around town covering that area.

Rumored to have one going in around Scranton as well.

A Harrisburg to Buffalo drive would be well served with something around Painted Post, NY. Even CHAdeMO solutions would work if convenience store chains or McDonalds could get on board. PA and WNY are still quite slim for supercharger locations and even EV support in general. Once you get over the boarder, Ontario is doing very well with EV support. PA should be supporting because Natural Gas provisioning supplies cheaper input fuel for electricity generation (the state's citizens have seen power prices come down over the last few years). NY has NYSERDA and lots of renewable "green shoots". Lots of Wind turbines on the hills of PA and NY. EVs should be doing better in both states. But the average household incomes of these areas. When gas prices were up, western NY auto dealers were selling more Leafs and Volts. Right now, I hear gas prices are in the low $2.1x range for regular so the interest there is low among most consumers. For example, someone commuting 40 miles one way has to choose between a higher mileage car (say Prius or Cruze Eco) which will be above 40 mpg at $2.19 - or a Leaf or Volt which will use 13 kWh for 40 miles and someone will pay over $2.10 for those kWh from the grid.

Coincidentally I've had reservations during this time at The Inn at Turkey Hill for some months as my wife and I are attending the Bloomsburg Fair. I'm also formerly from this general area. Will keep an eye out for everyone.

US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi):

Oops missed the US highway, so I'll start again:

Bloomsburg, PA

Interstates: I-80
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-11

I-80
To: Tannersville, PA - 68 miles
To: Newburgh, NY (I-80, I-81, I-84) - 155 miles

- Helps build out that section of I-80.
- On the fastest route from Pittsburgh to/from Boston, Maine and other parts of eastern New England.

Little out of the way for someone travelling north from Harrisburg to NY State - there is a N/S corridor with the Route 15 / 180 interchange. Putting it near there would have been possible to served both 80 E/W and the N/S traffic more conveniently and closer to Pittsburgh too. Maybe Sheetz (HQ in Altoona) will have various CHAdeMO around town covering that area.

My suggestions:
Harrisburg, PA to Western NY: Williamsport, PA; Painted Post, NY.
(I-80) Macedonia, OH to Bloomsburg, PA: Grove City, PA/Mercer, PA and Clearfield, PA
Pittsburgh, PA to Bloomsburg, PA: Altoona, PA.

I suggest Clearfield, PA rather than Dubois, PA because it provides better spacing from Harrisburg, PA.

I messed up a little.
Turkey Hill Brewing doesn't open until 4, so we can either keep noon and socialize elsewhere or move the time later. Weigh in.

All these locations with 8 stalls, but the scattering is not granular enough. I would love to see four separate two stall locations in a 20 sq mile area versus one eight stall.

Tesla does 8 stall locations because there is a lot of cost in site selection, permiting etc., and you have to do a minimum of 4 for redundancy, so you might as well do 6 or 8.

It won't be long until Tesla finishes all the 1st pass superchargers. Once superchargers are all at the 100-120 mile range, infill superchargers will start being built, which will be needed as relievers for the 1st set as well as for capacity for future car sales and Model 3.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Stopped there at 10 AM today (Sunday) and it did not seem to be operational yet.

bloomsburg.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot