Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with your assessment but going north from Central PA is a trip. State College is a nice midway point between existing superchargers in case you needed to make a trip to Buffalo per say. The population density booms there as well on weekends so a supercharger, although potentially unnecessary, would go a long way to easing concerns for some who may have a 60 or 75.

It looks like people heading north would either be taking US-15 or US-219.
Then:
- Dubois/Clearfield, PA will be necessary for I-80 travel and will help with the US-219 route.
- Williamsport, PA will be necessary for US-15, (Harrisburg, PA to Buffalo, NY for example)
- Altoona, PA area will be necessary for Pittsburgh to eastern New England.
With those three in place, State College, PA could be a useful add-on for tricky times, but wouldn't provide an essential node.

Reactions: shonline
It looks like people heading north would either be taking US-15 or US-219.
Then:
- Dubois/Clearfield, PA will be necessary for I-80 travel and will help with the US-219 route.
- Williamsport, PA will be necessary for US-15, (Harrisburg, PA to Buffalo, NY for example)
- Altoona, PA area will be necessary for Pittsburgh to eastern New England.
With those three in place, State College, PA could be a useful add-on for tricky times, but wouldn't provide an essential node.

Due to US-15, I was really surprised that Bloomsburg wasn't in Williamsport or Lewisburg.

Regarding the state college charger spot, I think this one is necessary even if you have an 85 or a 90. The area is mountainess and gets very cold as any of us who graduated from there knows. If you factor in range loss from both cold weather and driving through high elevations on I-80 or 322 you essentially want a super charger available every 120 miles just to be safe. One of my biggest shocks when purchasing my 70 D was the in enormous spike in energy when the all-wheel-drive kicks on. You could be looking at getting only 50-60% of the projected range factoring weather, climate, and elevation.

Things are fine right now if you are staying overnight as there are two hotels (Hilton garden and country inn and suites) with Tesla destination chargers and a chademo charger at the sheetz on south atherton. I was even able to use a adapter at the Atherton hotel. Checking tesla's 2016 charger website I am only seeing possibly one more charger planned between Pittsburgh and stay college this year, fingers crossed It is in state college.

No of course not it's just another city in PA I'd like to see more superchargers around. Look around New York and Maryland and there are many options where you could make a poor assessment and still find somewhere to supercharge. My ask is State College but really central PA is for the most part barren. Harrisburg is your only option and you'd be stretching if you charge there, travel north PA and try to travel back.

Reactions: madodel
I live in the Bloomsburg area and can totally provide updates about this - I was just told it existed by a Home Depot employee the other night as I was walking through the store in my Tesla jacket (closest to owning one I'll get for now). I feel awkward being both new to this site and being a non-owner, but I'd love to join you folks if you're having a get-together at Ruby Tuesday.

I live in the Bloomsburg area and can totally provide updates about this - I was just told it existed by a Home Depot employee the other night as I was walking through the store in my Tesla jacket (closest to owning one I'll get for now). I feel awkward being both new to this site and being a non-owner, but I'd love to join you folks if you're having a get-together at Ruby Tuesday.

We're mostly a pretty tolerant bunch. I went to the Harrisburg opening with my Volt (my X order was still pending then,) and no one had any issue with it.

I'm sure you'll be welcome.

If this one happens the 29th, I won't be there (supposed to be in Chicago then,) but I'd go if the timing worked.

Can we please pick a date now. I just scheduled something for the 29th but I can change that if we decide by tomorrow. Otherwise I am free this weekend so far and on Sunday the 30th.

@NevynPA You are very welcome to attend, assuming we can decide on a date ;-)

I can do this weekend but not either day next weekend. The following one (5/6 November) would work for me too.

If next weekend works better for most people, I'm okay with missing it, I guess.

Looks like I was pretty close in post 46.
Note that the fencing isn't pressure treated like I've seen for other sites. It's the composite material being used for decks so maybe it'll withstand the winters better.
Also note Ruby Tuesday gets recognized and there's a handicapped spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    397.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    504.9 KB · Views: 54
I was in the area last week and just took a drive by when my schedule allowed. No one posted anything from the week before if there was one.
I'm back in the area on 11/12 (Sat). If there's a groundswell, I can bring the scissors and ribbon.
I will be there on the 12th to meet up with you. Can you be there by 11 or 12 so we can have lunch? Anyone else in?