Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
This one seems to have come by surprise. Can someone confirm this with pictures? Over at the forum on Tesla's site, someone found reference to a Supercharger in the parking lot at Ruby Tuesday at 11 Ricky St. With the announcement a few months ago of the Ruby Tuesday chain partnering up with Tesla for this, I hope we will see many more happy occurrences like this.
Supercharger in Bloomsburg, PA! | Tesla Motors

The user @bflatley said in that thread that he was already charging there today (22nd) and had pictures but didn't know how to post them. Someone want to check it out? It's not on Supercharge.info or Tesla's own "Find Us" page yet.

There is a photo on plugshare
155382.jpg

I love it when these happen. Makes the "progress" at Laurel seem especially amusing!

Reactions: brantse and ggnykk
It's there, you need to change your filters to restricted access.

I'm not sure who added it to Plugshare, but it seems they have decided that a "coming soon" location is a "restricted access" site. They've also listed them as HPWCs... and it seems no-one else can edit the listing. I can't even comment on it without "checking in" which I won't be doing, since I'm 16,411 km away.

It is not yet on the Tesla Findus page. I also did not see mention that someone charged there. Notice the orange barrier around the Tesla cabinets in the background. It may not be turned on yet. But it certainly is a bolt from the blue :)

I've been expecting this mid-PA Superchargers to just "appear" and am really excited to see that starting to happen. These areas have low-penetration of Tesla, few people scouting for construction, townships rarely have building permits online, etc. Really makes it easy for them to seemingly materialize from no where!

By my estimation given the distance from Tannersville-Bloomsburg-Macedonia and the terrain in between, I would expect TWO more locations along PA I-80 to similarly "appear"... hopefully SOON. (This route was "coming soon" in late 2013 when I placed my first order.)

Well, the timing couldn't be better for me.
Any interest in a ribbon-cutting meet-up on either Saturday or Sunday (24/25)?
Short notice, I know. I've posted on TM as well.
I need to work some rust off the scissors :)

I know I can't do tomorrow. I might be able to do Sunday, but not for certain.

Next weekend might be easier, though I think there's an EV meetup around DC that Saturday?

Well, the timing couldn't be better for me.
Any interest in a ribbon-cutting meet-up on either Saturday or Sunday (24/25)?
Short notice, I know. I've posted on TM as well.
I need to work some rust off the scissors :)
Is it actually open and providing charge? I can't do this weekend, but Oct 1 or 2 would be doable

A friend of mine in Bloomsburg told me this was coming - and when I posted that I had heard that it was in permitting a few months back, everyone doubted me because I had no "evidence"....oh well.

Reactions: madodel
I'm not sure who added it to Plugshare, but it seems they have decided that a "coming soon" location is a "restricted access" site. They've also listed them as HPWCs... and it seems no-one else can edit the listing. I can't even comment on it without "checking in" which I won't be doing, since I'm 16,411 km away.
Wow, that is...special. :confused: I've seen really screwed up listings like that on a couple of others too. Usually on the actual Tesla Superchargers, someone official at Plugshare does those listings so they are not inaccurate like that for long.