Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blue Ash, OH (SC, not for public use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never been one to trust Tesla's Find Us to the letter but Blue Ash is gone from the map.

Limited hours or blocked off?
I was there Super Bowl weekend and it was still the 2 public spots setup. I've charged on the non-public units without hassle once or twice, but it sometimes requires moving cones (and I'm sure the service center employees don't appreciate it if they are open). Given how full this Supercharger is all the time, I think it's usually worth the drive down I-71 (about 10 mins away) to get full V2 speeds vs the 70kW split you end up with here most of the time.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s much better to drive a few miles south down i71. However that location isn’t the greatest either, with V.2 chargers that seem more Like V.1. i.e. SLOW😰!! I’ve gotten similar speed from some Chademo chargers. It’s also a busy station and not easy to find. The good news is that it’s located in a big Meijer lot with some restaurants located close by. Cincinnati could really use another spot especially since the area has essentially lost the Blue Ash location.

IMG_1226.jpeg

The signage at this location is getting more extreme. Note that this sign was pushed to the side and I was able to charge, but it was a Sunday.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
So … maybe stop using it?

I don't typically. Last time I was there, it was b/c I also needed to enter service mode to troubleshoot an A/C issue (latest FSD release still has the service menu geo-locked to service centers). The time before that, the chargers referenced on the sign were closed due to a shooting (yay Murica).

That being said, Tesla really needs better Supercharger placement in this area. The chargers "up the road" are 8 miles south in a busy shopping center. Heading North on I-71 from Cincinnati's northern suburbs, you're adding nearly a half hour to your trip vs the service center Supercharger. I typically do this trip during off-hours, so it's sometimes worth trying my luck with these first.

I don't typically. Last time I was there, it was b/c I also needed to enter service mode to troubleshoot an A/C issue (latest FSD release still has the service menu geo-locked to service centers). The time before that, the chargers referenced on the sign were closed due to a shooting (yay Murica).

That being said, Tesla really needs better Supercharger placement in this area. The chargers "up the road" are 8 miles south in a busy shopping center. Heading North on I-71 from Cincinnati's northern suburbs, you're adding nearly a half hour to your trip vs the service center Supercharger. I typically do this trip during off-hours, so it's sometimes worth trying my luck with these first.

You aren't asking for better placement. You are asking for another location.

I just wanted to comment here and state I feel Tesla supercharging locations in northern Cincinnati are pathetic and borderline nonexistent. The only charger even somewhat close to i75 in northern Cincinnati WAS the blue ash location. Now they are again doing dumb Tesla things and blocking you from charging when there are literally no other chargers in the vicinity of I75. In fact you can go from west Cincinnati all the way up to northwest Dayton without a single supercharger. It’s really pathetic with the number of Tesla’s in the area. Get with the program Tesla and please put in more chargers along I-75. There are literally none in a 60 mile stretch

Reactions: thefrog1394
I just wanted to comment here and state I feel Tesla supercharging locations in northern Cincinnati are pathetic and borderline nonexistent. The only charger even somewhat close to i75 in northern Cincinnati WAS the blue ash location. Now they are again doing dumb Tesla things and blocking you from charging when there are literally no other chargers in the vicinity of I75. In fact you can go from west Cincinnati all the way up to northwest Dayton without a single supercharger. It’s really pathetic with the number of Tesla’s in the area. Get with the program Tesla and please put in more chargers along I-75. There are literally none in a 60 mile stretch
I agree, I could've use something between Cincinnati and Kettering multiple times this year. (That's when I tried the Moraine Service Center, but that seems off limits now.) If it helps at all @jdmackiewicz had some thoughts about a new Dayton one. Possibly on the south side of the city.
Last month I planned to stop and see if there were any survey markings, but I couldn't make it work that time.

I feel your pain around Carroll County, we have nothing between Cambridge and almost Cleveland (Macedonia / Strongsville). There should be some coming to Akron and North Canton so that'll help a lot. There have been some winter days where it would've helped having a stop on the way back home.

Tesla Find Us - Q4 2022 - Dayton Listing:

Reactions: tesluv108
Bonehead move by Tesla putting in just 2 superchargers at moraine. I tried to use Sunday during close/ off hours and of course there were two unattended parked cars in the supercharging slots. If this was Tesla parking these there all weekend it’s just another slap in the face of owners telling them they don’t want them charging there. We absolutely need a charger in either Middletown Monroe or west Chester. Directly off of I-75.

Bonehead move by Tesla putting in just 2 superchargers at moraine. I tried to use Sunday during close/ off hours and of course there were two unattended parked cars in the supercharging slots. If this was Tesla parking these there all weekend it’s just another slap in the face of owners telling them they don’t want them charging there. We absolutely need a charger in either Middletown Monroe or west Chester. Directly off of I-75.
That one clearly isn't intended to be a public supercharger. Pretty much every service center has at least 2 stalls for internal use. Most of them are inside and you never see or hear about them.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: they're parking cars there because they don't want you charging there. ;)

This is typical of most service centers, which have Superchargers installed for their own internal use. Some service centers have large public Superchargers, which are prominently marked on the navigation system with a red Supercharger pin.

There is good news on public superchargers for northern Cincinnati and the I-75 corridor between Cincinnati and Dayton. MarcoRPTesla found two permits for Superchargers at Meijer for Tylersville Rd and Gilmore Rd. Also, there is a better than 50/50 chance that Ikea will get an Electrify America Station so another reason to buy the CCS adaptor. As mentioned before the staff at the Moraine Service Center thinks there will be a supercharger at Austin Landing around the end of the year.

There is good news on public superchargers for northern Cincinnati and the I-75 corridor between Cincinnati and Dayton. MarcoRPTesla found two permits for Superchargers at Meijer for Tylersville Rd and Gilmore Rd. Also, there is a better than 50/50 chance that Ikea will get an Electrify America Station so another reason to buy the CCS adaptor. As mentioned before the staff at the Moraine Service Center thinks there will be a supercharger at Austin Landing around the end of the year.

oh my you just made my day! I live very close to the Tylersville Meijer. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: jdmackiewicz