Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boardman, OR (LIVE Jun 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1648351317018.png

1648351471269.png

1648351345787.png

Natural gas shows as being marked and work is supposed to start Tuesday. With these one call tickets, they have short windows so it doesn't make sense to have it marked much more than the 2 business day minimum before you start work.

Also, reached back out to the building department to see if they had any updates or could share plans.

Passed through a little bit ago. No markings on the ground.
B2228559-F5F6-4648-98E1-E360C09CE20D.jpeg
In the red circle there is a green electricians box which says 1000kVa on it. The red line is trenching that went across the road and was filled in. By the south most set of 10 parking spots on the side there is some kind of small mud filled sinkhole with warning poles around it and a blue post in the middle.

One small thing to add - this location is definitely a stop and stretch your legs but don’t expect anything else outside of the museum. It’s in an industrial park and there is one small Mexican restaurant close-ish, but it was closed when I swung by. So was the sage center which is also closed on Saturdays. The playground at the sage center is nice though. If the sage center is open apparently they sell ice cream

Apple Maps directed me through Port of Morrow coming from the East. A lot of big trucks as this is one of the main locations for moving agricultural goods out. The Boardman exit is better for everything.

Passed through a little bit ago. No markings on the ground.
View attachment 786683
In the red circle there is a green electricians box which says 1000kVa on it. The red line is trenching that went across the road and was filled in. By the south most set of 10 parking spots on the side there is some kind of small mud filled sinkhole with warning poles around it and a blue post in the middle.
Sounds like they have already tied into underground power and placed a transformer. That is rare as the transformer usually comes last after the rest of the site has been installed. Should make for quick install, especially if it’s 2 of the pre assembled 4 stall units. I believe 1000kva is good for 8 stalls V3. Curbed parking area might be an issue for the pre assembked units though. Be interesting to see how fast this moves with power in place.

Or that is power for something pre existing. Did the trenching and fill look new?

I would trust my judgement on that, but I felt like it was fairly new. It wasn’t repaved over even.

Zoom in on satellite view does not show the box, so the box is new since the photos. I can’t imagine another reason for it to be there.
Cool, I believe you. Seems like it is right where it should be. Just weird there are no active permits and this appears to have been done before the onecall ticket. Call was on 24th so that would be amazing speed to trench and install a new transformer in less than 3 days when it isn’t supposed to start til the 29th.

Heard back from building dept. Still no building permit. And others have been asking. Made it sound like they hope it gets built soon so people stop asking. I pointed them to the OneCall ticket and they said they’d check it out to make sure it was being applied for properly or something like that.

For completeness, Money...

Isn't US730 within your five mile range? That highway cuts off the angle between I84 and I82 and goes through Irigon. I've used 730 a handful of times over the years, and my feeble memory recalls that Boardman is only about three miles or so from the terminus of US730.

Thanks!

So with 1,000 amp service, the site can output a maximum of ~800kW across 8 stalls, or approximately 100kW per stall. (480V * 1,000A * 1.7321 * .96) / 8

I guess the idea is that sites are rarely asking for more than an average of 100kW per stall?

I also understand that power is shared site-wide, with each cabinet supporting DC input from other cabinets up to 575kW.

Last edited:
Thanks!

So with 1,000 amp service, the site can output a maximum of ~800kW across 8 stalls, or approximately 100kW per stall. (480V * 1,000A * 1.7321 * .96) / 8

I guess the idea is that sites are rarely asking for more than an average of 100kW per stall?

I also understand that power is shared site-wide, with each cabinet supporting DC input from other cabinets up to 575kW.

I believe that each V3 cabinet can only draw in the neighborhood of 350 kW a/c power, or at least this used to be the case.

One again, you find the unfindable. Onecall ticket lists this location as Morrow County so that is where I have been searching (or emailing). Never thought to check the Oregon Accela.

Permit number for overall project is ORE22TMP-022446 (ePermit)
1648612154363.png

Permit found by Marco is the electrical permit for the project 879-22-000430-ELEC and looks to have been filed with Umatilla County which is to the east. This reads like a giant CF. Especially if the transformer work has already been done with no permits and now they are backfiling in all the wrong places (which is why the person in Boardman had no idea).
1648612000561.png

Cool, I believe you. Seems like it is right where it should be. Just weird there are no active permits and this appears to have been done before the onecall ticket. Call was on 24th so that would be amazing speed to trench and install a new transformer in less than 3 days when it isn’t supposed to start til the 29th.

Heard back from building dept. Still no building permit. And others have been asking. Made it sound like they hope it gets built soon so people stop asking. I pointed them to the OneCall ticket and they said they’d check it out to make sure it was being applied for properly or something like that.
oops that should be "i wouldn't trust my judgement on that"! i'm no expert