Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boerne, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of things here:
1) there is no Buc-ee's any where near Boerne, so this whole conversation is in the wrong forum.
2) the idea that Buc'ee's, along I-10 especially, don't want superchargers has always confused me. The stores entire model is get people to stop and come in to the store, which someone at a supercharger for 20-30 minuets is almost certainly going to do. It also give you access to a group of people who otherwise aren't stopping there now, at an above average income level, simply based on the average prices of the cars.
3) the idea of the Tesla charging standard being surpassed at this point is almost laughable. Even if we end up with 2 or 3 standards in 10 to 15 years (i'd argue we currently have 4: CCS, Tesla, J1772 & CHAdeMO), Tesla's head start and first to market is going to make anything else trying to surpass it difficult, especially with their continued growth of stations and every other car manufacturer continuing to fall behind by the day. (5 more open in the USA in September and 2 so far in October)

Obviously just my opinions but I don't understand why gas station owners don't see the future and even the present day with adding more customers in to your shop by adding even 4 Superchargers to their locations if allowed by Tesla.

There's been growth in sites at gas stations. The Sheetz, WaWa, and Irving deals are obvious examples, and there are some other more isolated examples.
I posted a table in a thread somewhere about the locations by year of opening,

(I have a spreadsheet I need to update.)

Found the post in a thread where somebody asked about Supercharger locations in public parking lots and it set off my nerd:
Superchargers in public parking lots
As at July 4th 2018, Tesla had 88 Superchargers at gas stations.

There is this:

Buc-ee's files permits for highly anticipated Boerne location​

The Boerne Buc-ee's was announced in 2016.​

Given they have been adding Tesla superchargers at their recent new builds, I would expect them here too. However opening date is not set, may not be until 2025, but several challenging issues waiting on TxDOT.
Per Buc-ee's Contact page, the Boerne location is set to open in 2025, almost 10 years from when it was announced. In February 2022, MySA spoke with Boerne Communications Director Chris Shadrock about the construction progress for Buc-ee's.

"Since its announcement, both the city and Buc’ees have been bound by TxDOT and their timelines to make improvements by building a new S Main St./Business 87 bridge to replace the one that was built decades ago," Shadrock previously said to MySA.

The project calls for converting the access roads from one-way to two-way, and redesigning the interchange at I-10 and S. Main St, the 2022 report stated. The new store is expected to bring 175 jobs to the area when it opens.

Here?

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS