Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boise, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pictures!

Here is lots of gravel for...filling stuff?

20150703_181127.jpg

The utility transformer is in, next to where they will be putting in the Tesla equipment.

20150703_181101.jpg

Closer picture of the transformer so you can see the specs. 500KVA, 480V Y-connected 3 phase, 277A

20150703_180924.jpg

One of the big cabinets of Tesla equipment unboxed.

20150703_181021.jpg

More pictures!

One of the big cabinets of Tesla equipment unboxed.

View attachment 86229

Thanks for the Pictures!

Great to see the transformer there first!

That large grey box is the Distribution Center, aka "switch gear." It is really a large circuit breaker box for the Supercharger Site. This looks like a new and different model Distribution Center than Tesla has been using for the last couple of years. If you get a chance to get a close up of the Equipment Label on that box with the manufacturer, model, ratings, etc list, that would be great info.

Thanks to all for posting the progress. We are planning a bike trip starting in Blackfoot, ID and the only sure route from Portland is through Butte and down to Idaho Falls. I think there might be a Hotel/Motel in Idaho Falls with charging capabilities. We will need a full charge to be able to leave the car in Blackfoot for a week as well as a charge to get back to Butte. Anyone have suggestions for overnight lodging in Idaho Falls with NEMA 14-50 outlets?

Thanks to all for posting the progress. We are planning a bike trip starting in Blackfoot, ID and the only sure route from Portland is through Butte and down to Idaho Falls. I think there might be a Hotel/Motel in Idaho Falls with charging capabilities. We will need a full charge to be able to leave the car in Blackfoot for a week as well as a charge to get back to Butte. Anyone have suggestions for overnight lodging in Idaho Falls with NEMA 14-50 outlets?

I just checked on allstays.com for the RV parks in Idaho Falls that have 14-50 outlets, and Snake River RV Park looks pretty good. They have tent camping sites there too. I would suggest calling them and seeing if you can work out something with renting an RV spot and maybe they let you set up a tent too? Or if they won't cut you a deal to use a tent, just straight up rent an RV spot, flip the back seats down and car camp. I and many other Tesla owners have done that.

Thanks Rocky. Since we will be camping and biking during our 7 day bike tour (470 miles), we would like to stay in a room while charging. My own investigations have found that Idaho Falls Power has several J1772 outlets which they are willing share. Also the Snake River RV Park is just up north from ID Power, and the Shilo Inn MAY have a charging spot in their parking lot. All these possibilities are within walking (biking?) distance from major lodging. Roger

Thanks Rocky. Since we will be camping and biking during our 7 day bike tour (470 miles), we would like to stay in a room while charging. My own investigations have found that Idaho Falls Power has several J1772 outlets which they are willing share. Also the Snake River RV Park is just up north from ID Power, and the Shilo Inn MAY have a charging spot in their parking lot. All these possibilities are within walking (biking?) distance from major lodging. Roger

Yes, I've also found that benefit in places that are smaller, frequently a charging point is a mile or less from a restaurant or hotel where you would actually like to be.

I was there last evening to take another look and found a couple of guys from the local electric car group checking out the progress. Talk about me being a fanatic--they don't even have Teslas yet!

For @Cottonwood's question, I checked all around that grey cabinet, and I couldn't find any label that had any specs on it. There was just this on the back that basically says it's a SquareD 3R type enclosure.

Supercharger distribution box label.jpg

As for the rest of progress, not much farther, but I just saw that they have filled in the conduit area with gravel with a plastic sheet over it, so they're about ready to pour the concrete in there. Cool thing I noticed was that they have the pairs of plastic conduit labeled with black marker 3A 3B 4A 4B, etc. If you zoom in on the picture, you should be able to see that.

Supercharger_conduit pit.jpg

Yeah, I figured some one would point out destination chargers, rv parks, 14-50s, the occasional chademo and plug share...

Done, right, one could sleep while the car is slow charging. But, I want super chargers and I want them now! (says the guy that has been waiting 2+ years for the nothern route.)

Yeah, I figured some one would point out destination chargers, rv parks, 14-50s, the occasional chademo and plug share...

Done, right, one could sleep while the car is slow charging. But, I want super chargers and I want them now! (says the guy that has been waiting 2+ years for the nothern route.)

This SuperCharger is the last one I absolutely need to get from Seattle to Topeka, KS. I'll still need a destination charger in Twin Falls, ID. But it's at least a 2 day trip so stopping one night and charging isn't too big of a burden.