Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boise, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction has broken ground

At lunch time these pictures were e-mailed by a friend and future Model 3 owner in Boise:
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

This is the building behind the hotel door with some of the equipment in the foreground.
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

They are digging near the hotel transformer so they can dig under the parking lot and route power to the Tesla equipment locations.
FullSizeRender-4.jpg

A good start. It is also very close to the Hilton chain hotels where I normally stay in in Boise.

This is a great day for the Gem State and Tesla !!!

Geez, @yagerd, you stop in that often from Ontario to check on this one? I live in Boise, and I think you check on it more often than I do. You were there on Saturday. I was there Friday night and snapped a picture of the transformer pad, so here you go, all you picture-hungry folks.

supercharger_transformer_pad.jpg

Heading to SLC from Seattle in a few days for the 4th of July weekend. What are the odds that I will be able to use this on the way back?

At least I have a CHADEMO adapter :D

As far as planning that trip from Seattle to SLC, I would probably recommend to just set it up for an overnight stay in Boise anyway. Candlewood Suites (in Meridian and Boise) have Tesla HPWCs now. So then starting from full the next day you only need about an hour and a half of charging in Twin Falls to get to the Tremonton Supercharger. Or, you could shift it to slow charge in Boise and stay overnight in Twin Falls.

As far as planning that trip from Seattle to SLC, I would probably recommend to just set it up for an overnight stay in Boise anyway. Candlewood Suites (in Meridian and Boise) have Tesla HPWCs now. So then starting from full the next day you only need about an hour and a half of charging in Twin Falls to get to the Tremonton Supercharger. Or, you could shift it to slow charge in Boise and stay overnight in Twin Falls.

I went through this for the Sheridan, WY/Gillette, WY double, missing Supercharger hop problem. If you can fit it in your schedule, the most efficient plan, time-wise, is to do the 100% charge while you sleep at the first stop and then do what is needed for a top up at the second stop. On long stretches slightly beyond range, slowing down reduces total time; the saved charging time is more than the time lost slowing down.

See Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 5 for example numbers.

Have fun!

I went through this for the Sheridan, WY/Gillette, WY double, missing Supercharger hop problem. If you can fit it in your schedule, the most efficient plan, time-wise, is to do the 100% charge while you sleep at the first stop and then do what is needed for a top up at the second stop. On long stretches slightly beyond range, slowing down reduces total time; the saved charging time is more than the time lost slowing down.

See Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 5 for example numbers.

Have fun!

Yeah, it's like a cloaking device for a long charging stop--it makes it invisible if you sleep during it. We're going to do the Boise to SLC run on a Saturday in August, so we're just going to leave first thing in the morning to get to Twin Falls, and then we'll charge while we eat a leisurely breakfast at Sherri's, so we can not notice the charging time.

Well, in checking for the next one, I was impressed that here it is on July 1, and the Twin Falls building department had the June report of building permits posted on their website today--no Tesla permits. I also emailed the person who works with building permits in Burley, in case it is there, and already got a response that there is no permit from Tesla there either.

I would do a extended super charge in Baker City as is a Tesla Super Charger, then you would only need a 127 mile CHAdeMO charge in Boise.

If you want to optimize your time, charge on the Supercharger until the taper drops to the charging rate at the next stop. An easy way to remember this that the optimum departure time is approximately when the current drops to the level of the next DC (CHAdeMO) charger or half the current of the next 208-240V AC charger. Of course, always charge enough to make your next charge point comfortably.

If the next charger is a full power 125 Amp CHAdeMO, leave the Supercharger when the charging current drops to 125 Amps, if you have an 80 Amp HPWC and dual chargers in your car, leave when the Supercharger current is down to 40 Amps, if you have a 40 Amp RV outlet ahead, charge until the Supercharger current drops to 20 Amps...

For an 85, you hit 125 Amps at about 85-90% SoC and 40-80 Amps at about 98-99% SoC.

Have fun!!!

Construction Status Update (1) - July 2

I received these from my friend in Boise who is a future Tesla Owner.

Charging equipment is on location:
Charging equipment crates.jpg

Conduit is being placed:
Conduit below equipment pad.jpg

Form for concrete pad begining to take shape:
Form for future equipment pad.jpg

Meanwhile traffic on I-84 is visible in background:
I-84 in background.jpg

It is looking very good and may be ready to go by July ?17th?

Last edited: