Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boise, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't notice much of a change today, other than the yellow tape has been removed. I backed into a charging spot, but pushing the button on the charging cable had no effect. No electrons for me! :smile:
IMG_20150727_203057.jpg

I doubt whether most people even recognize that it's a Tesla.

Yes, I have been in that situation and gritted my teeth a little, but I just figure it would hurt the public perception a lot more if they drive by my Tesla getting loaded on a flatbed because I pushed it too far!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't notice much of a change today, other than the yellow tape has been removed. I backed into a charging spot, but pushing the button on the charging cable had no effect. No electrons for me! :smile:

Probably just waiting for a Tesla tester, and/or a final inspection by local authorities.

When Ellensburg, WA opened, we just happened to show up JUST as Tesla and the state inspector had finished their work. The inspector had just told the contractor that this was a silly white elephant because no-one was ever going to use it. Seconds later, we pull in, and my wife asked "can we charge?" Yes, was the answer, and we became the first customer, with the contractors giving the inspector quite a ribbing about his pessimism!

Yes, I'm registered on plugshare. Not really an option as my trip moved from late afternoon/early evening into early morning.

The Nav trip routing feature with Supercharger routing is crap, plain and simple. It wants to route me back from whence I came, even when it's beyond the range I could go, since I did interim charging in between, but it doesn't recognize that possibility. On another occasion, it said to stop and charge for 0 minutes. I'm sure it will get better, as I don't think it could be any worse. At least if I don't have any information, it's better than making my decisions on BAD data.

I appreciate all comments on my postings.

Scotty

Yes, I'm registered on plugshare. Not really an option as my trip moved from late afternoon/early evening into early morning.

I appreciate all comments on my postings.

Scotty

I’m not sure what Cleve’s setup is in Twin Falls as far as a late night situation goes. On my setup in Boise, I like that I can leave my charging cable out from under the garage door, so with some advance notice to leave it out, someone can come or go really late or early and use my outlet even if I’m gone or asleep. Although it’s not really convenient walking distance from much that would be open late at night. I guess that will be kind of moot when Boise Supercharger gets finished pretty soon anyway, but it was really nice getting to meet some other Tesla owners while a 14-50 outlet was the fastest charging available in Boise.

We recently finished the 2nd of two fairly long trips . . . Seattle to Palm Springs and Seattle to the East Coast via Butte, SLC, Santa Fe, Jacksonville, DC, NYC and Rhode Island and return, the latter 10,266 miles, 60+ SC’s, and never once ice’d . . . not even close. In fact, I can’t recall more than 1 or 2 others charging at any location save one, when there were 3.

I, too, was occasionally frustrated by the nav system, but nothing more than a minor irritant, as we merely bypassed the obviously incorrect advice and proceeded to the next charge point (I still think I’m smarter than a dumb computer, though at 79 and counting, I won’t be for much longer!). We made the 212 mile run across the Continental Divide from Butte to Idaho Falls with only a little sweat, and found a very friendly Tesla owner there on Plugshare - thanks very much, Jeff, for the hospitality. Another 236 mile run from Farmington, NM via Dulce (northern route) to Santa Fe, again across the divide at 7720', was a fair breeze, knowing that there was charging to be found if needed in Espanola (30 miles closer). We arrived at our B&B (Rancho Gallina, a Destination charger) with 9 miles in the ‘tank’.

All in all, it was a superb trip. Both our Model S (“GASKIKER”) and the supercharger network performing flawlessly . . . and it will only get better as it matures. The folks at Tesla have been averaging 9+ new charging locations every month (there were 100 at the end of Aug. 2014), and I think that’s a remarkable accomplishment. i'll tip my hat to Elon and all the folks in Fremont for a most pleasurable experience that we couldn't have had without them.

We too were hoping for the Supercharger to be up and running - in fact we thought that we would be in time for a grand opening (we will arrive in Boise Thursday evening). Our fallback position is to stay overnight at the Candlewood Suites Meridian, recharge there, stop at the Blue lake Inn in Twin Falls for a booster charge and on to Idaho Falls to the power plant for a full charge. We will stop by the SC site if we have time.

so I'm considering a trip to Boise and looked at Tesla's map, still shows this site as coming soon, but when I click on it and go to the site it appears like all the other open ones, says 24/7 access. I have not used the Tesla site in a while so I don't know if this means anything. I'm having a friend check and see if she sees anyone charge. if anyone else local has a chance, it might be worth another try?

Just opened !!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Open now !!!!!

Anyone up for a Supercharger get-together on Monday? Maybe after work hours for those of you who work? I can be in Boise with Iceman the dog on Monday and we have a refrigerator/freezer in the back of the 70D with ice cream and cold bottled waters. It'd be fun to say hello to Boise Tesla owners and maybe even let the media know that Boise has landed on Tesla's map now. Your thoughts appreciated.

Anyone up for a Supercharger get-together on Monday? Maybe after work hours for those of you who work? I can be in Boise with Iceman the dog on Monday and we have a refrigerator/freezer in the back of the 70D with ice cream and cold bottled waters. It'd be fun to say hello to Boise Tesla owners and maybe even let the media know that Boise has landed on Tesla's map now. Your thoughts appreciated.

I am up to meet you there. Looking forward to it. Let me know what time. Anytime after 5pm is preferred.

Boise Supercharger Get-Together 5-7pm Monday, Aug 10

I'll be at the Boise Supercharger from a bit before 5pm until at least 7pm on Monday. I'm bringing cool bottled waters, ice cream and cones. If you find yourself in the Boise area, please stop by on Monday after work and say hello! It'll be a good excuse for Boise-area Tesla owners and enthusiasts to get together, and if you're curious how my car is provisioned for the 50 state tour with a dog on board, I'd be glad to show you. Looking forward to the fun.