Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bolingbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More progress....
Supercharger.png

Reactions: scottf200
This is great. I work very close to here and occasionally am up this way for lunch. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other side of the building you see in the background. When I saw they were putting a Supercharger in Bolingbrook, I was hoping it would be in the promenade (across the street to the west), but this works too! It will make for a nice jumping off point on the days I go straight from the office on trips out of town.

This is great. I work very close to here and occasionally am up this way for lunch. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other side of the building you see in the background. When I saw they were putting a Supercharger in Bolingbrook, I was hoping it would be in the promenade (across the street to the west), but this works too! It will make for a nice jumping off point on the days I go straight from the office on trips out of town.
Think for SC purposes this is just about the perfect location in Bolingbrook. In addition to Buffalo Wild Wings there is a Five Guys, Panda Express and if I remember correctly even a CupCake place (if it still exists) in that same building. Across the road to the left of the SC is a Starbucks. All very short walks. Little bit longer walk you have more full service restaurants and shopping.

Think for SC purposes this is just about the perfect location in Bolingbrook. In addition to Buffalo Wild Wings there is a Five Guys, Panda Express and if I remember correctly even a CupCake place (if it still exists) in that same building. Across the road to the left of the SC is a Starbucks. All very short walks. Little bit longer walk you have more full service restaurants and shopping.

FYI to you guys and others .... I provided a map with the nearby restaurants above. See this post.

Just got word from a good source - eta is 2 weeks for this to open.
Got similar word. Some electrical parts needed for the ComEd connection (CT Meter, I think). Also local code required ridgid pipe instead of PVC (Tesla typical install) so that made this sites construction a little longer.

CT (Current Transformer) Meters are installed on any connections with a load greater than 100 Amps. Conventional meters cannot be used to measure current for these larger connections as they would simply have to be too large to be practicable. A CT meter only measures a fraction of the current passing through the connection and a multiplier is applied to this reading to reflect the actual current.

I drove by at lunch today. Looks like still no meter head. The layout is kind of odd with the 2 empty spots in the middle and the one supercharger on the side.
Haha, I was there about 1:30p today and noticed the exact same thing. Heck I may have been parked at about the same spot you were looking at it!

No news from the Bolingbrook planning guy but I pinged him a few days back and he was going to follow up.

Haha, I was there about 1:30p today and noticed the exact same thing. Heck I may have been parked at about the same spot you were looking at it!

No news from the Bolingbrook planning guy but I pinged him a few days back and he was going to follow up.
I also drove by today at lunch - the three of us must have passed each other likes ships in the night!

I heard these spots have to be painted first, I was concerned to see no progress on the paint / asphalt today. We have a stretch of good weather coming up starting this weekend, hopefully this allows for the final preparations.

Just heard about the Bolingbrook location from a co-worker today. I drive down 355 almost everyday (2x a day actually!)
Ironically, I have been keeping an eye out on the Rolling Meadows location as I work down the street from the Meijer there. No activity there yet by the way. Guess I don't have to convince HR to put an EV charge port in at work anymore...

I'll take some pics the next time I pass by :)

Just got word from a good source - eta is 2 weeks for this to open.

Planning a trip back to Chicago next week. Have been using North Aurora. Would be nice if your "2weeks" prognostication was holding up!

By my reckoning +14 days should have meant a working supercharger by 18 May. I'd still be happy if your "good source eta of 2 weeks" happens by next Tuesday, 5/30.:confused: