Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bolingbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out running some errand and stopped there to shop at the Meyers. It was busy and seemed to be working as expected based on my SOC. I talked to another X owner there and they said they spoke to some surveyors a while back that indicated that they were expanding it (more pedestals).

tZPm2QY.jpg
Thank you. Good to hear about the likely expansion. Seems like that’s a very busy location. Maybe they’ll surprise us with some V3 stalls.

Tested out the new charger port I had replaced a few weeks back (didn't want to always self-close all the way).
Also had trouble at this charger when it had an icon showing it as not working (yet others charged).

This Bolingbrook charger seems to be working well. I'm pulling 91 kW and I'm almost at 51% SOC. (X 100D)

myjB6Rh.jpg

I just spoke to the foreman - confirmed V3 charging upgrade is being installed! He reported it will be upgraded by the end of the year. He also mentioned no Powerpack / Solar will be installed (it doesn't make sense in the Midwest).

Fremont, Hawthorne, Vegas... and Bolingbrook!

What a dream!

I live very close and Solar works for us. Hell the whole Meijer at this location should have solar panels on the huge flat roof it has.

Grabbed this pic yesterday as I was charging in Bolingbrook. Last time I charged there a Tesla tech was charging his car as well. I asked him about the charging stations and he told me that the Bolingbrook charger was the busiest in the entire region. Thus the doubling of its size.

I wonder if these new charge stations going in will be the new charging stations that can put more juice out?

Time will tell I guess. What is clear is that all the charging stations will need to be expanded sooner than later. They are really busy now that the 3's came out.

IMG_3556.jpeg