Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bolingbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grabbed this pic yesterday as I was charging in Bolingbrook. Last time I charged there a Tesla tech was charging his car as well. I asked him about the charging stations and he told me that the Bolingbrook charger was the busiest in the entire region. Thus the doubling of its size.

I wonder if these new charge stations going in will be the new charging stations that can put more juice out?

Time will tell I guess. What is clear is that all the charging stations will need to be expanded sooner than later. They are really busy now that the 3's came out.

View attachment 506641

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.51.53 AM.jpg

These are V3 as the charge cabinets with the vents a the top show.

Charge on!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 48
Anyone been by this SC any time lately? Car over last several days says it is either closed or restricted someway.

My car was reporting it as closed, but I was able to charge there today. On one of the V3 chargers I got over 200kw for a few minutes on my Model 3. I went from 26% to 90% in 33 minutes. Saw a couple S and X charging at the V2 chargers. All seem to be working well so I’m not sure why the nav says they’re closed.

Thanks for the update. Thought about a drive yesterday but didn't want to chance it with low battery if it really was down.
Toyed with checking it out this morning using the Art Van liquidation sale as my excuse. Work won.:rolleyes:

So yesterday 6 250kw bays did not work with multiple vehicles trying them. You plugged in, the car stated "starting to charge" then it would eventually fail. It would stay at "starting to charge" for a few minutes so it was a bit of a time waster. Just a heads up, this station is very intermittent and every time I've been here the 250kw bays have been buggy. 150kw bays worked ok.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
So yesterday 6 250kw bays did not work with multiple vehicles trying them. You plugged in, the car stated "starting to charge" then it would eventually fail. It would stay at "starting to charge" for a few minutes so it was a bit of a time waster. Just a heads up, this station is very intermittent and every time I've been here the 250kw bays have been buggy. 150kw bays worked ok.
FYI, I was there Mon Sept 27 for 15 min at 9pm and didn't have any trouble.

nW4RoKe.jpg

What year is your Tesla? I recommend putting your Tesla's year and model in your signature so that people have context on your posts.

I think it matters what year you're driving. Older cars seem to have more trouble with the 250kW chargers. I know my 2016 MS has had no problem with the 150kW chargers, but has intermittent success with the 250kW from when they were newly installed up to now. Brother's 2013 seems to behave the same way.

I feel like it's a communication issue (speed of plugging in?). Like a computer, hardware designed and made at roughly the same year works well, but newer or older hardware has issues. Then again Teslas are computers on wheels, aren't they?

Last edited: