Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bolingbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What year is your Tesla? I recommend putting your Tesla's year and model in your signature so that people have context on your posts.

I think it matters what year you're driving. Older cars seem to have more trouble with the 250kW chargers. I know my 2016 MS has had no problem with the 150kW chargers, but has intermittent success with the 250kW from when they were newly installed up to now. Brother's 2013 seems to behave the same way.

I feel like it's a communication issue (speed of plugging in?). Like a computer, hardware designed and made at roughly the same year works well, but newer or older hardware has issues. Then again Teslas are computers on wheels, aren't they?
I have a 2021 M3.

I was there today and everything worked great.

I charged here today, and as I drove in I thought a pickup truck was ICEing some of the 150kW stalls. As I turned in, I saw orange cones in front of those stalls, and a guy from the truck working on something. Maybe an upgrade to the older stalls, or fixing some intermittent power problem with them. Didn't bother to ask. Had no trouble at a 250kW stall and was in and out quickly. Since I was down to about 7% charge I had an initial burst at 175kW.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200