Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bondi Junction, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waverley Council supported the proposal to host both a 2-stall Evie site and a 6-stall Tesla supercharger at their April meeting!

1656487150724.png

Probably some time away - but keep an eye out :)

Nice find.

I wonder whether council retains some residual site ownership then.
The site is otherwise a multistory shopping centre with an apartment tower on top.

This seems to suggest council owned the carpark, in a rather complicated strata arrangement.

Westfield which is closeby is the bigger shopping centre and has some existing Destination Chargers (but only in the Valet area) and some Type 1 and one Type 2 chargers.

Somewhat surprised that it's only 6 superchargers proposed, given the density of Tesla's in the East if Sydney and the number of apartments that won't have charging.

(Added to the index)

Last edited:
Good to see. It's a pretty busy carpark though... I hope they don't end up ICED
Agreed.
And I hope they aren't near the top as on busy days it can take an age to get up or down the ramps.

Personally I had been expecting Westfield BJ given its a much bigger carpark (albeit frustratingly difficult to navigate).
After their initial start with Chargepoint, Westfield has been almost totally absent from the EV charging game.

Watched the council video. Was approved without any discussion

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Also this is a time limited car park - fees apply after 1 hour. So if you're queued waiting for a charge, you might find you're hit for parking too.
Good point, although the first paid hour is fairly cheap. Also isn't 24hrs.

Monday to Sunday 05:00am until 23:30pm

Carpark Fees:
0-1 hour FREE
1-2 hours $2.60
2-3 hours $9.00
3-3.5 hours $15.00
3.5-4 hours $20.00
4-4.5 hours $25.50
4.5-5 hours $30.00
5+ hours $36.00

Enter after 6pm & exit before close $11.00 maximum charge (casual rate applies up to 2.5hours)

Was in the area and did a drive around today but could see any signs of construction on L2, L3 of L4.

Reminded me why I avoid the carpark however. It's a a bit of a nightmare with a different layouts on every level and lots of rim killing concrete curves.

Word is level 4
Interesting. Good word?

Would mean Newland St is best entrance then (as it goes up to Lev 3).

Amazing what you find on YouTube but this video shows the Ebley St entrance, down to L1 and then working up to L5.

At just after 4min is where the Newland St entrance and exit is, and also the worst of the concrete curves.

At least up on Lev 4 they are less likely to get ICEd

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Given the success of others at Canberra, I emailed Eastgate and Waverley Council.

Got this response from JLL (Eastgate managers)
"Works are underway but its completion is still weeks away."

So might have to go for an investigation. Not clear if it refers to Tesla, Evie or both.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Well, an install is happening, but just Evie at this point. About 14 bays cordoned off with one electrician working on the Evie units and some roof cable trays.

And @Onshore is spot on with L4. You can see the electrical switchroom opposite in the photo below.

There are 7 parking spots to the left of the Evie unit so I'd say thats the likely spot for the Tesla boxes and stalls.

IMG_20220714_154440~2.jpg

Will be interesting to see the usage given with the recent Tesla price increase the Evie 50kW units are about 1/3 cheaper.
(And if the Tesla stalls are made available to everyone else, with the 25-30% premium for non-Teslas without a plan, they will be about double Evie prices)

Last edited:
It has always been one of the tightest car parks in the eastern suburbs. Imagine doing it in a 1970's falcon / kingswood with no power steering, at least scratching the steelies / hub caps wasn't something to worry about.
I remember doing it in my mum's 70s Toyota... It was tight. The council car park at what is now the library was often a better bet :)