Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boone, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the area today and swung by and they were working on a Sunday! I didn't talk to the guys so unfortunately I didn't get any updates or inside information.

I saw so many Teslas when I was staying in Banner Elk (and oddly enough 6 of the new c8 Corvettes, weird!) and attempted to charge at Bodegas and both slots were filled, and then tried to charge at the charge-point at the college down the road and both of those stations were filled (a Model 3 and a Hybrid Jeep?!).

I can't wait for this location to open, Raleigh to Boone without stopping to charge, then can 'play' around in the mountains without having to worry about L1/L2 charging being enough.

1662331356272.jpeg

1662331370027.jpeg

1662331377768.jpeg

Thursday night update. Everything appears finished but the chargers are offline. Hopefully within the next few days 🤞
1. Is there a glass meter on the side of the transformer (big green box)?
2. You should be able to check the Mobile App (Android/iPhone) to see if it is online if you are close enough. This seems to be updated before the in car navigation does by about a day or 2. (I live in Raleigh so It only pulls the data for the top 10 SuC locations closest to be and Boone doesnt make the list.) You should be able to keep tabs on the location that way without having to drive to the location.
3. THANKS! 👍

1. Is there a glass meter on the side of the transformer (big green box)?
2. You should be able to check the Mobile App (Android/iPhone) to see if it is online if you are close enough. This seems to be updated before the in car navigation does by about a day or 2. (I live in Raleigh so It only pulls the data for the top 10 SuC locations closest to be and Boone doesnt make the list.) You should be able to keep tabs on the location that way without having to drive to the location.
3. THANKS! 👍
Thanks for the information. It's not too far out of the way for me to periodically check (less than a 5 minute detour). I will let you know about the transformer. Thanks 👍

Reactions: ChrisC and tomp
That would be great, thanks FSF! Please give us a picture showing the transformer and the switchgear cabinets. The latter will be the cabinets (white or grey) that are NOT the white mesh-topped supercharger conversion cabinets. If you find a glass meter, tell us if it was energized or dead. Obviously any unconnected conduit / wire poking out of the ground will be interesting, but I suspect that by now that's all hooked up Thanks again.

Here are a few updated pictures. I apologize for the rain but it would appear that they have power. I did try to plug in but no charge would negotiate. Each SC is numbered though. Hopefully soon. Thanks!
Awesome pics and great job keeping us updated! 🥰 It looks like the meter is live and the pedestals are all buttoned up (not missing any screws or fasteners). I would expect this to be live any moment now: you should be able to check the mobile app from the comforts of you home to see when it goes live, nothing else on site to verify since everything seems in place to be operational. Maybe tomorrow or Monday! 🤞

Wanted to drive home the point of why Queen St really wouldn’t have been a good idea.

While storming the street isn’t normal, game days are not days I want to be any where near campus unless enjoying the game.

Just for fun, I checked the Tesla iPhone app just now, and Boone is showing up live as a nearby supercharger in the Location section. :)

I went out to my car, and it's not in the car's nav yet. :(

Would someone in Boone swing by and check on it?

View attachment 851691
I can attempt to swing by later today to see. I just checked my phone and noticed it as well!

I was in the area today and swung by and they were working on a Sunday! I didn't talk to the guys so unfortunately I didn't get any updates or inside information.

I saw so many Teslas when I was staying in Banner Elk (and oddly enough 6 of the new c8 Corvettes, weird!) and attempted to charge at Bodegas and both slots were filled, and then tried to charge at the charge-point at the college down the road and both of those stations were filled (a Model 3 and a Hybrid Jeep?!).

I can't wait for this location to open, Raleigh to Boone without stopping to charge, then can 'play' around in the mountains without having to worry about L1/L2 charging being enough.

View attachment 848965
View attachment 848966
View attachment 848967
I was they Memorial weekend! The AirBnB didn’t have EV charge setup! My Model 3 was permanently on the regular outlet! 😂

Coming down the mountains back home to Charlotte actually regenerate! 😊

This is great news for next time I’m up there!

11 out of 10, Would charge here again! I ran into CVS and grabbed some snacks and then sat in the shade in the field of the dry/grassy runoff pond. Charging speed excellent as expected. Tesla routed me off 421 onto bamboo as @mechrock thought would happen, it bypassed some of the busy parts of Boone and snuck me right into the CVS parking lot.

I love this new location already!
20220917_162003.jpg