Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boston, MA (Boylston Street)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as "downtown", remember that the Coming Soon dots are always centered geographically on the town or neighborhood until tjeu open.

So there's a chance that the "South End" charger could be closer to the Pike than its current location on the map.

Plus, we don't know where the Seaport one is. It may be walkable to come back towards South Station after parking and plugging in.

As far as "downtown", remember that the Coming Soon dots are always centered geographically on the town or neighborhood until tjeu open.

So there's a chance that the "South End" charger could be closer to the Pike than its current location on the map.

Plus, we don't know where the Seaport one is. It may be walkable to come back towards South Station after parking and plugging in.

I'm willing to bet that the South End Supercharger will end up in the Ink Block or some other new development nearby. I just hope they won't use the Whole Foods parking lot, even though it is free. The ChargePoint stations there are constantly ICEd and at lunch time there is a huge line just entering the lot.

Last edited:
Idle fees become a lot more important with parking garage Superchargers. Paying by the hour to wait to charge is going to make for some angry Tesla owners in the years to come.

Relatedly, I hope Tesla gives an option to exclude urban chargers from road trip itineraries (because they're both slower and more expensive).

Reactions: chjch
So just to confirm, charging is included with the parking fee or there is an addl per minute fee? These will be extremely convienent for downtown meetings. Does anyone know if valets can move cars in and out? Parking is just expensive everywhere in Boston, no way around it, I can’t believe Luxe went out of business would have been awesome for EVs.

@robquast Just plug in same as any other supercharger.

I had the chance to try these out earlier this week. I took a business trip 180 mile in to Boston, in the time I had lunch my car was back to 100% and was able to drive home without charging en-route.

Directions: If you are coming in to town on I90 East the Tesla nav is useless once you enter the tunnel. There are no markings for the Tesla charger outside of the garage or to tell you which way. Take the prudential center exit as indicated on the nav, then bear left to prudential center where the ramp splits, when you emerge above ground immediately turn right into the garage. Take the parking ticket and you see an upramp and down ramp. Go up to level P1 and the Tesla chargers will be at the top of the ramp.

Sample charging rates below. Took approximately 2:10 to go from 10% to 100% on my S85.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171003-113541.png
    Screenshot_20171003-113541.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20171003-120017.png
    Screenshot_20171003-120017.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20171003-133556.png
    Screenshot_20171003-133556.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I charged at these last week (was running low and meeting friends at Whiskeys so why not), not many cars there, probably because the parking rate is so high ($14 minimum), charging is free and I didn't get a notification about idle fees, but like I Said there weren't many parked there. Tesla Nav brings you to the correct entrance, then look for Tesla Charging signs to get to the chargers