Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The posts in this thread are a combination of posts in two different threads on the Bothell, WA Supercharger location

Word on the street is that there will be a Supercharger coming to Bothell, WA in the relatively near future. Anyone have an idea on location?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ks808
Can you find a permit or anything more concrete than "word on the street"? We can't add it to supercharge.info until there is something we can point to. cc @Chuq for awareness only at this time.

I was searching for apartments in Bothell, WA that had charging on-site. One of the properties I visited mentioned that there is going to be a 10 stall fast charger installed in their lower retail garage in the near future. Given that all the other players, EA, EVgo, Chargepoint, and Volta rarely if ever install 10 stalls plus my assumption is that Tesla will be installing a 10 stall Supercharger. I did not end up renting there as the only chargers currently on site (Charge Point) were restricted during the day by UW and the manager mentioned that the UW parking people are ticketing monsters. The name of the property was The Villas at Beardslee and retail garage they mentioned is the one below the Starbucks. Search for Bothell building permits and WA L&I Electrical permit apps but nothing has been applied for yet against that address.

Cheers!

I thought you had a supercharger for sale
I’m betting my dollar they meant HPWCs....... Lynnwood is just too close for it to be a SC. Unless it’ll be a replacement for Totem Lake/Kirkland.
I wouldn’t necessarily discount a SC in Bothell and at Totem Lake, maybe not today, but maybe by 2020. Lynnwood has been full up at times already. In a few years the Model 3 & Y will be everywhere. I could easily see SCs at every major mall, especially given traffic-induced delays, so that people aren’t required to drive 20 mi (2 hours :(:() out of their way. Heck, Bellevue-Totem Lk is closer than Lynnwood-Bothell. Ultimately, these things need to be nearly everywhere, so that people have lots of choices.

Keep in mind that some people call 240V Level 2 chargers "fast" chargers because they are faster than 120V Level 1 chargers. I mean, an HPWC connected to 100A is actually not too shabby, but it's not Level 3 Supercharging (and especially not V3 Supercharging!).

Hmmm... Thanks for the "clarification" JamesBrown... your clarification would be appreciated if I wasn't 100% positive this will be Tesla Superchargers 10 Stalls Urban. I'll bet you $1k... Care to wager?

For your reference…

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

Hmmm....

Attachments

• F6B7E97E-ECDC-4FC9-89A2-4349AF5AA087.jpeg
    F6B7E97E-ECDC-4FC9-89A2-4349AF5AA087.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 192
  • B2173A89-E9E3-4A4C-B916-2D2A80CA1613.jpeg
    B2173A89-E9E3-4A4C-B916-2D2A80CA1613.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 3E603553-F52B-48C4-AFFD-4B104EC795BC.jpeg
    3E603553-F52B-48C4-AFFD-4B104EC795BC.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 118
  • EE83A68B-85BC-422E-81F6-9B0757F8A064.jpeg
    EE83A68B-85BC-422E-81F6-9B0757F8A064.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 122
  • A91F7EBE-65A9-4979-A676-FC15BA72BDC2.jpeg
    A91F7EBE-65A9-4979-A676-FC15BA72BDC2.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 119
New supercharger going into Bothell WA?

New one call tickets (19492173 and 19494884) might indicate there is a new one going in...

Permit is by NW ELECTRIC AND SOLAR for "INSTALL UG VAULT AND STEP-UP TRANSFORMER" for Tesla INC. The location appears to be a business location that already has a chargepoint charger. It's right up the Tesla MO with a Starbucks in the parking lot and a frozen yogurt place :p

Google Maps

(Still no Yakima SC though!)

Edit: Looking at Google street view the location looks good and bad. There are a number of food places in a very safe compact walking area, pub, sushi, etc. The bad is that parking already looks insanely tight and in short supply... but there are two garages that are for customers of the business and residences of the condos or apartments that are located there. Depending on how many spaces they have in them maybe this will be a 10 to 12 urban supercharger location inside one of those garages?

Last edited:
My original thread in the wrong location.... Not sure if we're able to redirect

Supercharger - Bothell, WA

This guy confirmed today that Utility Locates were for PSE and Tesla.

This means they are getting ready to start construction. NW Electric & Solar may just be completing the enter project or just the the utility work. They are local company established in 2011 and hold a number of licenses that would allow them to complete the full scope of the work. There was a utility locate done previously so my moneys on construction starting soon.

See today's pictures below and previous pictures from August below as well.

11/11/2019:

IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG

8/29/2019:

IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG
image.png

Last edited:
Nice recon! I wonder where they would put it... in the garage or near those utility boxes... I figure the garage might get iced less, but I hate how tight garages are when trying to back in...

Edit: Side note, I'm surprised at the lack of build out in OR compared to how much WA has had this year! We've had what, seven supercharger sites get permits and most of them enter construction this year and OR has had zero? I really want Boardman, OR to have broken ground and wouldn't mind Hood River since the Dalles is only a five spot... I wonder if the Tesla rep that's been working on WA is also regionally responsible for OR....

Reactions: Rocky_H
This actually isn't a bad location for an urban, especially since you're not paying to enter that garage. 15 to 20 minute coffee and restroom stop would yield about 18kWh to 24kWh (if you're at a low SOC to start) and you'll probably spend at least 30 to 40 minutes if you grab sushi or a sit down lunch at the pub. That would get you 36kWh to maybe 48kWh on a LR Model 3 or larger pack and probably 40kWh on a SR Model 3.