Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to get a HPWC with a j1772 handle so I could daisy chain with a normal one and share my single 50A circuit with two chargers. I have two EVs, one Tesla, one not, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to have to deal with an adapter of some sort.

This is definitely off topic but you have a few options:

1: get two of the current HPWCs and install them to use the "load sharing" option. replace the connector for one with a J1772. QuickCharge Power will do this for you for a price. this will allow you to charge both cars simultaneously, or both be plugged in while only one is charging at the max rate.
2: get two HPWCs with load sharing, and get a Tesla->J1772 converter. there are a few on the market, including from QCP. they cost $200 plus or minus
3: wire up a splitter so you can plug in both cars simultaneously. I made one that my neighbor and I share: one side gets 30A/240V, the other 20A/240V. 30+20=50. It works very well and neither of us has yet found it too slow. the 20A leg gives about 11 mph. code says each leg has to have a fuse. I'm loathe to give instructions on the open forum because there are definitely ways to screw up and start a fire.

-Snortybartfast

• Helpful
Reactions: andrewFW
also for those coming from the north, a good alternative to issaquah, which is small and often crowded, for heading over the pass on 90. makes hitting cle elum or ellensburg a breeze.
Those coming from North of Lynwood (like Everett and all points north) might want to consider State Route 2 to Monroe SC (a 12 stall 150kW site) and Stevens Pass to Leavenworth as an alternate to I-90. If Stevens is closed or too slow for you (ski traffic can really clog up SR2), take 203 from Monroe and then 202 to North Bend before joining I-90 to Snoqualmie Pass. You won’t do more than 50mph much but it’s beautifully green and pretty in daytime.

Reactions: MikeBur and Bwettt
Those coming from North of Lynwood (like Everett and all points north) might want to consider State Route 2 to Monroe SC (a 12 stall 150kW site) and Stevens Pass to Leavenworth as an alternate to I-90. If Stevens is closed or too slow for you (ski traffic can really clog up SR2), take 203 from Monroe and then 202 to North Bend before joining I-90 to Snoqualmie Pass. You won’t do more than 50mph much but it’s beautifully green and pretty in daytime.

indeed, a pretty drive, but a long way out of the way if headed for Spokane, Pullman, points east, or the tri-cities or etc.

Your answer is in the question, I think.

haha... fanboy...

SC is not and will not be the go to source for charging...

The issue is that none of you are pushing or pressuring Multi-family property owners to provide access to charging for renters and condo owners who represent 36% of 172,000,000 households in the USA.

Instead you're happily pedaling the current narrative that DC Fast charging is the solution when the solution is clearly the rapid expansion of Level 2 charging on a backbone that can meet current demands now and is flexible/scalable enough to meet future demand.

The narrative will change of the next 24 months, I advise that you don't get caught in the wake, as you're drinking the cool-aid versus thinking objectively.

#chargeon

Reactions: goneskiian
also for those coming from the north, a good alternative to issaquah, which is small and often crowded, for heading over the pass on 90. makes hitting cle elum or ellensburg a breeze.

Only crowded because it's "cool" to SC . 90% of the Issaquah users are locals with access to level 2 charging at home or work.

Just ask Tesla to post their data on where the owners route starts and ends.

9A5B6F10-918C-4E89-8ABF-D371B56EF782.jpeg
***Update***

Com Cable and 2 more Urban post delivered today.

Last edited:
The issue is that none of you are pushing or pressuring Multi-family property owners to provide access to charging for renters and condo owners who represent 36% of 172,000,000 households in the USA.

Drive around Seattle. A substantial number of those multi-family dwellings only have street parking. Also I can't even convince my landlord to take digital payments let alone invest in chargers (if there was even a single dedicated parking space for my 11 unit building).

Reactions: bbthechange