Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This actually isn't a bad location for an urban, especially since you're not paying to enter that garage. 15 to 20 minute coffee and restroom stop would yield about 18kWh to 24kWh (if you're at a low SOC to start) and you'll probably spend at least 30 to 40 minutes if you grab sushi or a sit down lunch at the pub. That would get you 36kWh to maybe 48kWh on a LR Model 3 or larger pack and probably 40kWh on a SR Model 3.

Still going to be urban tho... Urban sites are targeting those who do not access to charging at home.

Just looked up to see if an electrical permit had been applied for or issued by the state; no active permits for this site by NW Electric. I'll post a link or pdf once one had been issued.

Oh Noooooooo! Beardslee Landing is an awful place to visit and will be a very poor choice for a supercharger in my opinion. I have been there many times to meet people for lunch, dinner or drinks and I detest the parking situation. The restaurant etc are fine, but noisy due to being concrete boxes. The parking spaces are narrow and the public spots are always full during normal lunch/dinner periods with cars patrolling up and down looking for a vacant spot. Just trying to get in/out takes minutes more than it should due to other vehicles being in the way. The covered parking has lots of vacant spots but they are mostly reserved for the office and residential tenants, the few public spaces all taken. I did park in one of 12 empty UW spots the first time I went there and got a $40 ticket within 10 minutes, turning my $15 take out meal into $55 takeout. Last time I went 1/3 of the outdoor spots were coned off at 11.30 am, apparently for a Weekly sidewalk market, that started at 4 and doesn’t take place on the sidewalk, but in the parking lot.

When my wife suggested meeting there I told her I am boycotting the place and would go to the Village at Totem Lake or Kirkland Urban instead.

I predict mucho de ICEing. So disappointed the SC is going in here. It’s also pretty close to Lynwood SC, which has v2 (150kW) chargers so if this has urban chargers (72kWj I’ll head to Lynwood instead.

Oh Noooooooo! Beardslee Landing is an awful place to visit and will be a very poor choice for a supercharger in my opinion. I have been there many times to meet people for lunch, dinner or drinks and I detest the parking situation. The restaurant etc are fine, but noisy due to being concrete boxes. The parking spaces are narrow and the public spots are always full during normal lunch/dinner periods with cars patrolling up and down looking for a vacant spot. Just trying to get in/out takes minutes more than it should due to other vehicles being in the way. The covered parking has lots of vacant spots but they are mostly reserved for the office and residential tenants, the few public spaces all taken. I did park in one of 12 empty UW spots the first time I went there and got a $40 ticket within 10 minutes, turning my $15 take out meal into $55 takeout. Last time I went 1/3 of the outdoor spots were coned off at 11.30 am, apparently for a Weekly sidewalk market, that started at 4 and doesn’t take place on the sidewalk, but in the parking lot.

When my wife suggested meeting there I told her I am boycotting the place and would go to the Village at Totem Lake or Kirkland Urban instead.

I predict mucho de ICEing. So disappointed the SC is going in here. It’s also pretty close to Lynwood SC, which has v2 (150kW) chargers so if this has urban chargers (72kWj I’ll head to Lynwood instead.
Lynnwood is urban 72kw

haha, surface lot parking is packed during peak hours but 3 garages are open to the public with many garage stalls left unused during peak hour which offer 3 hour parking in lieu of 90 minutes at the surface lots. Just read and follow the signs and you won't get a ticket.

Lynnwood SC post are Urban ie 72kW

This actually isn't a bad location for an urban, especially since you're not paying to enter that garage. 15 to 20 minute coffee and restroom stop would yield about 18kWh to 24kWh (if you're at a low SOC to start) and you'll probably spend at least 30 to 40 minutes if you grab sushi or a sit down lunch at the pub. That would get you 36kWh to maybe 48kWh on a LR Model 3 or larger pack and probably 40kWh on a SR Model 3.

I agree, if you can control the ICE problem through enforcement this location is as good as and probably honestly better than Totem Lake, which is where I live. This is also essentially located at a major highway interchange (I405/SR-522). You could argue it's a little to close to Lynnwood but I don't think we are at the point yet where we can be that picky.

The only two serious locations at Totem Lake folks have come up with are the mall, with awful traffic and access and the Fred Meyer which is off by itself largely. The Fred Meyer has good access (2 lights to get off and on 405 each way) but the mall is just an absolute total no-go at this point for a supercharger. Parking is filling up already and they haven't even opened 1/4 of the stores yet, and routing from south bound 405 and back requires 4 to 6 stop lights or using the HOT lane entrance at 128th.

I agree, if you can control the ICE problem through enforcement this location is as good as and probably honestly better than Totem Lake, which is where I live. This is also essentially located at a major highway interchange (I405/SR-522). You could argue it's a little to close to Lynnwood but I don't think we are at the point yet where we can be that picky.

The only two serious locations at Totem Lake folks have come up with are the mall, with awful traffic and access and the Fred Meyer which is off by itself largely. The Fred Meyer has good access (2 lights to get off and on 405 each way) but the mall is just an absolute total no-go at this point for a supercharger. Parking is filling up already and they haven't even opened 1/4 of the stores yet, and routing from south bound 405 and back requires 4 to 6 stop lights or using the HOT lane entrance at 128th.

Fred Meyers Totem Lake is the most likely...

I scouted this area two weeks ago, and definitely concur on the tight parking. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I’m glad that the locals are getting more charging options, but I’m even more glad that I’m not a local.:eek:

Ok ladies & gents!!!

Updates Updates Updates!!!

H & M Electric, Inc. is the contractor & ground breaking is happening soon. Saw and spoke with their rep on site who had a drawing set in hand. They have yet to pull a WA L&I Electrical Permit but they won't need to until they have to call for inspection as the permit is an OTC online application. I'll check again tomorrow.

The location on the property has changed to the main retail garage across from the Starbucks. The existing PSE transformer is being upgraded to a 1000kVA at 277/480V from the existing 750kVA at 120/208V. This should yield 8-12 stalls of urban posts.

Pictures below of some lay-out for equipment pads and stall locations

IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG

Last edited:
Edit: Looking at Google street view the location looks good and bad. There are a number of food places in a very safe compact walking area, pub, sushi, etc. The bad is that parking already looks insanely tight and in short supply... but there are two garages that are for customers of the business and residences of the condos or apartments that are located there. Depending on how many spaces they have in them maybe this will be a 10 to 12 urban supercharger location inside one of those garages?

I'm familiar with that area, the mall is pretty popular but parking isnt too bad except lunchtimes (lots of light industrial just over the freeway). I think Tesla want to take the pressure off the Lynnwood chargers, which are pretty heavily used. Not sure if this will replace the Kirkland plans (which were slated for the new Totem Lake development, I think).

Would be update...

H&M has been on site everyday since December 6th. The pre-con meeting has not taken place yet and electrical permit has not been pulled via WA L&I yet. Overheard a discussion about Tesla wanting the site to be open before the end of the year but that is never going to happen.

PSE is setting a new JBox vault and upgrading the transformer which will impact the apartments there. Given the current PNWs Supercharger Team's inability to complete most of the sites they have already broken ground on this year there is no chance in hell this site is completed before April of 2020.

CHARGE ON!

Yeah Tesla seem pretty slow in getting PNW SC network expanded. Given the low cost of electricity here I see a LOT of Teslas on the road .. my commute is 20 mins on city streets and if I dont see half a dozen each way its a quiet day. I wonder how WA/OR compare to CA for supercharger count vs # of Teslas in the state?

CA is their number one market globally. Not sure where WA/OR ranks anymore but WA was 2nd behind CA for ownership at one point.

Tesla has understandably throttled the Supercharge financial resources since late 2017/early 2018 to reduce the impact to their balance sheet. Though every year they state that their going to double but they have yet to meet that goal year after year.

The ratio of SCs to Teslas is out of balance in CA and WA/OR. WA has only 17 SC sites - OR has 14 SC sites and CA has ~100 SC Sites (sorry wasn't going to count them...)

Keep in mind, Supercharging (Fast Charging) should not be your primary charging source.

When we travel, most of the time we don’t have charging options at our destinations. (Friends’ houses, camping, hotels in places with no charging infrastructure, etc. Many of the people in Seattle-area superchargers are in fact likely visitors or tourists to the region.

Keep in mind, Supercharging (Fast Charging) should not be your primary charging source.

Not everyone would agree with this. Tesla Taxis in Montreal have their own dedicated Supercharger at their home base. Part of the motivation for Urban chargers is to support apartment dwellers without dedicated chargers. I wouldn’t want to do it, but some people do it.

Reactions: bbthechange