Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boulder, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We checked out a few spots in Boulder today but didn't find anything. We went through several parking garages close to Pearl Street Mall. Some are larger than others and could have room for an urban Supercharger. We went by the Courtyard but that doesn't seem like a good location at all. It is more of an office park and there weren't any restaurants nearby. The best location nearby that we found was probably the parking garages by Twenty Ninth Street. There was plenty of covered and uncovered parking, lots of restaurants, shops, etc. and close to some major roads.

Last edited:
We checked out a few spots in Boulder today but didn't find anything. We went through several parking garages close to Pearl Street Mall. Some are larger than others and could have room for an urban Supercharger. We went by the Courtyard but that doesn't seem like a good location at all. It is more of an office park and there weren't any restaurants nearby. The best location nearby that we found was probably the parking garages by Twenty Ninth Street. There was plenty of covered and uncovered parking, lots of restaurants, shops, etc. and close to some major roads.

Amazing timing, I also just went by the Courtyard and found nothing! I also just walked the entire 29th Street Mall parking garages. While I found no sign of construction, I agree that it is a much better location. I also see a nearby Boulder Marriott, I'll check that next.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I've been keeping an eye out as well as I drive around Boulder and speculating on places. I've been thinking that the parking lot behind Amante coffee/Cafe Mexicali on Baseline right next to Route 36 would be really good. It's right near the highway, close to multiple food sources and somewhat central. 29th street Mall seems like another likely place and there's always spaces down near the Macy's end of the lot.

Reactions: HillCountryFun
Having one degree of separation from a routine Boulder permit application last year, I expect that this permit should be approved within 5 years ... maybe. I hope Tesla is ready to jump through something like an infinite number of hoops. As a Tesla stockholder and owner of a Model S, I think the selection of Boulder for a Supercharger (or anything else) is a mistake. Maybe Kimbal has some influence to make it happen.

At today's Tesla Owner's Social in Lone Tree, the Tesla charging employee said the Boulder site is in permitting. She confirmed it will be at the location we scoped out a few weeks back, Twenty Ninth Street (Mall), close to Trader Joe's and Garbanzo (approximately here: Google Maps , @BlueShift )

That is great news!!!! Thanks for posting!!

So, looks like it won't be in the parking garage but out in the regular parking lot, correct?

That is great news!!!! Thanks for posting!!

So, looks like it won't be in the parking garage but out in the regular parking lot, correct?
She specifically mentioned Trader Joe's, Garbanzo, Target, etc. so it should be closer to those instead of the parking garage and other chargers. I guess it is still going through permitting so we should be able to find that information soon.

This is great news! I can’t imagine a more convenient location. In fact, my only concern is that the spots might be iced because the location could be too convenient. I park there regularly to go to my gym, and sometimes it can be difficult to find a spot.

Screenshot 2018-01-01 13.17.04.png

Per updated permit listings, it appears the Boulder charger will have 10 stalls.

Thanks for posting John!

Interesting info:
  • I wonder if all of the entries have to be approved
  • The status of ACT is interesting
  • The Building use of Parking Garage is also very interesting (instead of Parking Lot)
Thanks again!

It looks like it was just bad verbiage; the development review cases show that it is planned to be a modified island, as MorrisonHiker previously mentioned. Note that both of these are closed, which I am assuming means they are approved.

Screenshot 2018-01-02 10.25.29.png

Reactions: MountainRoad