Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bowie, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work continues on the Wawa building. The Tesla Supercharger equipment is still awaiting installation.

IMG_2537.jpeg

All of the supercharger equipment (cabinets and pedestals) are now under the Wawa canopy.
Oh you just beat me there!

Looks like trenching hasn't started yet, but is imminent, along the south edge of the parking lot (the side closest to MLKing Highway). It's amusing to see the Supercharger cabinets hanging out among the gas pumps. Take that, petrol! Also, 16 gas pumps and 8 chargers? Definitely not how I would divide my capital expenditures in 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_2255.jpeg
    IMG_2255.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 70
I'm really ready for this one to be open, however, I'm not surprised that the Wawa is so overcrowded. There are very few gas stations in the area and most of them are not exactly off the Beltway, and some of the ones that are can be quite sketchy, so this Wawa is meeting pent-up demand. There's a BP up the street from here off Annapolis Road/MD-450 that's kind of questionable, but serves its purpose. The Wawa off Ritchie-Marlboro Road/Exit 13 off the Beltway is extremely crowded too, and this one is not as directly off the Beltway, so this location is not exactly a reliever station neither.

I wonder how this will impact the future Beltsville location. That Wawa is usually pretty overcrowded and busy too, but its a lot more convenient to the Beltway than this one.