Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT!

Here's the link to Hillsborough County's Clerk of Court Records: LINK. If for some reason that doesn't work here's an image of the NOC that was filed on 7/28/14 (posted this morning 7/31/14).

Tesla will be leasing the site, there will be 4 supercharger cabinets, 1 utility transformer and 8 charging posts.... and just because, Go Gators! :)

Very nice! When I put the "2DH Regency Park, Brandon, FL" address from the permit into Google Maps, I got this as a result: La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park, 310 Grand Regency Blvd, Brandon, FL 33510.

See 2DH Regency Park, Brandon, FL - Google Maps for reference.

This Supercharger could be next to the La Quinta in Brandon, FL.

From Google Maps street view, it looks like the existing transformer is out on the street. Look in the red box in the first screen shot from Google Maps below.

Brandon-FL Street.jpg

Brandon-FL Map.jpg

Yeah, I was going to say this also. Makes sense that it'd be somewhere out of the way in the larger parking lot area to the east.

The parking lot to the east appears to be for the AMC movie theater, so it will have to be somewhere around the La Quinta. Surprised they didn't build it in the shopping center across the street. I'm guessing maybe they tried but weren't able to so this was the next best thing? The La Quinta doesn't appear to have much parking, so will have to see how much of an ICEing threat it will be.

When I spoke to the folks at the service center this week, they told me the spot was going to be at the entrance to the strip center, where I indicated in my earlier post to this thread (post 64). Makes a lot more sense than the hotel.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I agree.

Regency Square Mall possible Supercharger.jpg

The address designation is probally misleading Google. I doubt that Cottonwood's location is even a part of Regency Center's properties.

Regency Center Properties Brandon.jpg

Dan: Thanks for the continued follow-up.

Larry

Last edited:
The "2DH Regency Park Brandon" is not the actual address, it's part of the legal description. On Hillsborough's Property Appraiser site, 2DH is the Subdivision Code listed for the parcel Steve and Larry (perhaps others as well) have previously identified. The Folio Number listed on the Notice of Commencement also corresponds with the same parcel. Also, the previously discussed easement granted to Tampa Electric Company by the property ownership mentions in the legal description "Lot 1, Block A Regency Park - Brandon". A search of the Plat Book for "Regency Park Brandon" (which is a re-plat of an old subdivision called Orangeland), shows the same parcel and approximate location again.

Hopefully this clears up the location discussion, but obviously nobody really really knows until on-site activity begins.

The "2DH Regency Park Brandon" is not the actual address, it's part of the legal description. On Hillsborough's Property Appraiser site, 2DH is the Subdivision Code listed for the parcel Steve and Larry (perhaps others as well) have previously identified. The Folio Number listed on the Notice of Commencement also corresponds with the same parcel. Also, the previously discussed easement granted to Tampa Electric Company by the property ownership mentions in the legal description "Lot 1, Block A Regency Park - Brandon". A search of the Plat Book for "Regency Park Brandon" (which is a re-plat of an old subdivision called Orangeland), shows the same parcel and approximate location again.

Hopefully this clears up the location discussion, but obviously nobody really really knows until on-site activity begins.

The exact location does not matter that much. Looks like it's located within a block or two, and it will be wonderful when the construction starts!

Besides this location was good enough to put Tampa on the Supercharger.Info map!

The exact location does not matter that much. Looks like it's located within a block or two, and it will be wonderful when the construction starts!

Besides this location was good enough to put Tampa on the Supercharger.Info map!

Except the address on that Supercharger map is incorrect and will eventually need to be corrected. :wink:

Larry

Looks like Tampa, actually Brandon, FL is on its way!

See the 100th post with a copy of the building permit at Tampa Supercharger - Page 10.

Looks like it will be at the La Quinta Inn at I-75 and Florida SR-60 - Google Maps, 310 Grand Regency Blvd
Brandon, FL 33510.

It will actually be in Regency Square. See pictures in that thread.

Yes Ron, it's not at the La Quinta Inn. The Notice of Commencement was granted to Regency Centers. La Qunita is not on Regency Center's property (Regency Square Mall). The official address of the lot that the Supercharger Station will be on is 2407 West Brandon Blvd. In all likihood the Supercharger address will be in the 2400 block of West Brandon Blvd.

Larry