Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How close is that to the La Quinta?

Sorry for the error.

The La Quinta is about 0.3 miles, two blocks, or two furlongs from the actual construction site, on a southeasterly heading.

Brandon-Dist.jpg

Sorry for the error.

The La Quinta is about 0.3 miles, two blocks, or two furlongs from the actual construction site, on a southeasterly heading.

No problem.

Yes, .3 miles as the crow flies.

Google maps on my phone puts it at .4 miles and an 8 minute walk along Grand Regency Blvd.

I think that La Quinta is close enough to consider it a sort of an overnight "Destination Charging" location. However, if I chose to stay there overnight I would see no reason to actually walk to the Superchargers. I would just leave the car overnight at the hotel and in the morning just drive to the Superchargers to top off.

Larry

Just got back from visiting the supercharger location. I met with one of the contractors and we talked for awhile. Very nice guy. Turns out he lives about 10 minutes from me. I pulled in and he came up to my car before I was ready to get out. He said he'd seen my car once. It was the lighted T he remembered. He also said he'd seen Btrflyl8e's blue S as well. Very small world. I was told the cabinet will be moved away from the road and closer to the charging stalls. The cabinet surrounding is going to be wood and painted tan to match the plaza per the plaza owner's request. Electricians are supposed to be there within a couple of days to start digging trenches and laying pipes. Estimated completion is 4 weeks. We will have to be careful exiting. The contractor told me he's already seen 3 accidents in as many days. 2 on the west exit and 1 on the east. In the time we were talking, nearly every car seems like they were going too fast. Hey Larry, he said he's already spoken to you on the phone. This guy was shocked at how many Teslas have stopped by and how fast information spread among us Tesla owners.
IMG_2586.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2580.JPG
Supercharger Cabinet
IMG_2585.jpg
IMG_2584.JPG
Transformer
IMG_2583.jpg
IMG_2581.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, surprising how many owners stop by there. I went on Saturday night since I was in the neighborhood. :)
There was a Sheriff's car parked in the construction zone so I just cruised by and didn't stop. Even at 9:00 pm it's surprising how busy that place is. I used the east exit by the Kobe steakhouse rather than risk getting hit by an inattentive driver at the main entrance.

Great pics and nice update! That's a very convenient location for me but definitely super busy with a lot of traffic. Looking forward to charging up while catching a flick after I (fingers crossed) take delivery later this month.

This is going to make my trips to Orlando a dream.

Hi Garrett,

Yes, we're planning a visit to Disney World later this year and my wife was concerned about charging. We're meeting family from up north and they had already booked a Disney hotel without chargers and she insisted that we stay there. I insisted that we bring the Model S.

Before we received news of this Supercharger Station breaking ground I told my wife "Not to worry, the Supercharger Team will have the Tampa station up an running before our trip." I'm glad to see that they haven't let me down. :biggrin:

Larry