Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 'inside intel' also reported that the supercharger site will be in the Regency Square Mall parking lot across from the Brandon Mall- though I was told that the area that intended area would be closer to the AMC movie theater rather than Starbucks. Either way, this is a PERFECT area for me, as I drive down that part of I-75 on a daily basis, and have been struggling with finding places to charge (limited charging ability in my rental domicile).

btw, @Lawsteve- the easiest way to get out of that shopping area when it is busy- is to drive toward Moes and follow the road to the east end of the parking lot- then you just have a short right hand turn toward SR 60 and make another right hand turn onto 60. You will be back to I-75 before anybody going through the main entrance/exit. :)

Angel

Hi Angel,

Welcome to the forums and our club!

Thanks for the information and tip.

Regards,

Larry

I spoke with the folks at the Tampa Service Center today. No info re timing, but they said it would be located in an area of the parking lot that will be visible in front of you as you enter the Regency Plaza. I'll try to post a photo with my guess of the location they were describing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 369
I spoke with the folks at the Tampa Service Center today. No info re timing, but they said it would be located in an area of the parking lot that will be visible in front of you as you enter the Regency Plaza. I'll try to post a photo with my guess of the location they were describing.

Thanks for update!
Hmmm....do I take my chances walking across the highway for some Smokey Bones, or do I play it safe and go to the Japanese steakhouse??

Hi Steve,

That does look like a nice, out-of-the-way location with minimal parking lot traffic.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks for update!
Hmmm....do I take my chances walking across the highway for some Smokey Bones, or do I play it safe and go to the Japanese steakhouse??
Or do you first drive to Smokey Bones and get take out, THEN eat in the car while charging. I've crossed streets on foot in India where the traffic is crazy and apparently there are no rules, but I wouldn't do it in Tampa!

I plan to be going to Venice (visiting Venice Saturday and Sunday) this coming weekend and being that the Tampa Supercharger will obviously not be up, I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn on University in Sarasota. Has anyone used their charger? ---I don't have a viable plan "B" if the Hampton charging facilities let me down.

It is a chargepoint charger and was free last time I stayed there (2/14). The Hampton Inn is old but nice. Used my chargepoint card but was not charged.

Venice also has has two chargers in the Centenial Park parking lot. Last Plugshare post is from 6/10 and says one charger is down and the other is low power. There is a charge to use this charger and you will need a Chargepoint Card.

Make sure you have a scone at the Upper Crust Bakery in Venice.

I plan to be going to Venice (visiting Venice Saturday and Sunday) this coming weekend and being that the Tampa Supercharger will obviously not be up, I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn on University in Sarasota. Has anyone used their charger? ---I don't have a viable plan "B" if the Hampton charging facilities let me down.

Do you have twin chargers? Have you considered stopping by the Tampa service Center? Their HPWC is always available. I assume you're coming in from the northeast. There are also 2 chargepoint chargers within 2 miles of your hotel. One is in Longwood Park, the other in Lakewood Ranch.