Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there this afternoon. Construction supervisor said three to four weeks to completion, depending upon weather. Also mentioned that there are two transformers, one to the south near the Starbucks and one to the north near Olive Garden. They are doing duplicates so there will always be power if one goes down (we get plenty of Florida thunderstorms out there).

He also mentioned he will be bidding on the Ocala SC, and that bids are due within 10 days.

He was really nice, and said he gets daily visits from Tesla owners. He even carries a spare hard hat in his truck for use by us visitors.

i was there around 1:30pm today. It took two light cycles to get into the plaza. I went out the "back route" exit to the south, where there is no traffic signal. There were at least ten cars in front of me waiting to turn right (west) back towards I-75. I fear traffic is always going to be a problem at this location.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 443
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 438
With increased traffic, there is also increased risk for being ICE'ed. That's hope for the best.

That shouldn't be a problem. The actual chargers are in a part of the parking lot that was rarely used, and there is plenty of parking in the center. The only exception might be during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but I can't really say, as i always stay away from the area that time of year because the road traffic is so terrible.

That shouldn't be a problem. The actual chargers are in a part of the parking lot that was rarely used, and there is plenty of parking in the center. The only exception might be during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but I can't really say, as i always stay away from the area that time of year because the road traffic is so terrible.

That's good to hear! Looking forward to using it on my next visit to the service center if I need a quick charge.

I visited the Supercharger construction site today at about 12:30pm and the electrical contractor had assigned a good sized crew.

The site of course was roped off and I didn't want to disturb the progress so I took some cell phone photos from a distance.

Tampa Supercharger 3s.jpg

Tampa Supercharger 2s.jpg

Tampa Supercharger 4s.jpg

I believe that the crew was working on setting up the conduit and bends under where the slab for the switchgear and Superchargers will be placed.

Larry

I stopped by and spoke with Ryan last week. He mentioned he gets at least one Tesla visit daily, and that Darren keeps in touch by phone. I suspect they are somewhat amused at how rabid we are about this Supercharger.

Now if we could just find someone in Lake City to make a quick stop and take some photos.........

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that I am not the only person stalking the Supercharger site! LOL. I am beyond excited! It seems to be going up pretty fast. Does anybody know if they 'usually' have some sort of grand opening or ribbon cutting ceremony or something? It seems like I read about an opening even somewhere and 'close to 200 supporters' showed up. I would be willing to bet we would have an AWESOME turnout!

I'm glad to see that I am not the only person stalking the Supercharger site! LOL. I am beyond excited! It seems to be going up pretty fast. Does anybody know if they 'usually' have some sort of grand opening or ribbon cutting ceremony or something? It seems like I read about an opening even somewhere and 'close to 200 supporters' showed up. I would be willing to bet we would have an AWESOME turnout!

Tesla typically has some type of ribbon cutting ceremony. Usually will send email announcements to the locals. Larry also notifies the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Club members.

We had 11 or 12 Teslas at Cars and Coffee a couple of months ago. My guess is we will have substantially more at the opening of the SC. I'm hoping that it fits into my schedule, and also hoping to make a run north for the Lake City opening.

Tesla seems to be having "Grand Openings" at about half of the Superchargers. The "Grand Openings" seem to happen about 3-10 days after the actual "go live" time of the site. It's usually a wonderful combo of Telsa PR people, some local sales and service center people, Tesla owners, local site people, and local press.

Hopefully, you can enjoy the Tampa/Brandon "Grand Opening" soon!