Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to Supercharge in Tampa yet? I am driving from Atlanta to Ft Myers Tomorrow night (Friday night late) to Sat morning and I need to plan accordingly.

If you don't see anything posted here before you leave, I'd call the Tampa Service Center before you leave and ask if they have any status update. They are close to the supercharger site, and have been willing to provide information if they have it. They also typically are open on Saturdays, and might be your best option for a charge stop if the supercharger is not operational. They are not too far from I-75. Unfortunately, they are not located anywhere near food or shopping, so you are pretty much stuck there while you charge.

Unless someone calls me for lunch tomorrow and wants BBQ (First Choice BBQ nearby is one of my favorites), I'm not going to have an opportunity to run by there tomorrow. From the posts on this thread, I suspect one or more others might get by there.

All I can say is stay tuned.

Unless someone calls me for lunch tomorrow and wants BBQ (First Choice BBQ nearby is one of my favorites), I'm not going to have an opportunity to run by there tomorrow. From the posts on this thread, I suspect one or more others might get by there.

Just stopped by and will most likely check tomorrow. It looks like this is one of the worst organized SC construction sides. The Fence is still only 25 % done, who does 25 % of the work and than leaves ??? There are also still wholes in front of the transformer, looks like there are issues with the grounding. Meter shows 0, so they even did not switch it on for testing. VERY unlikely that this is up this week !

Very frustrating.....

If you don't see anything posted here before you leave, I'd call the Tampa Service Center before you leave and ask if they have any status update. They are close to the supercharger site, and have been willing to provide information if they have it. They also typically are open on Saturdays, and might be your best option for a charge stop if the supercharger is not operational. They are not too far from I-75. Unfortunately, they are not located anywhere near food or shopping, so you are pretty much stuck there while you charge.

Thank you for the good advice. Calling the Tampa SC is a good idea, because if the Supercharger is not available I can ask them to leave the HPWC out for me.

I stopped by last night around 11pm you could drive in and park but nothing was energized. I had called the Tampa Service center earlier and they were great, said they would leave 2 connectors out overnight. I ended up using a charge point 30 amp plug across from the NFL stadium at the science building of a Community College. Full charge today

I stopped by the Tampa supercharger site at 1pm today (Saturday). The fencing around the "Supercharger Cabinets" is 90% complete - still no doors to completely close off the units. The meter still shows zero, but also flashes a "cycle 8" message periodically. I saw no open holes around the transformer or any other pieces of equipment.

The site is still taped off with "Construction Zone" signs.

Folks, you are on your own for the next week while I head off to Chicago. Someone else will need to take over the site stalking activities. Hopefully the site will be up and running upon my return.

Steve, you missed me I was just there around 12:30. I am the most desperate without a home charger so I check this on a daily basis. Its really one of the worst organized construction site. They are exactly as far as Ocala which started a month later! However I am pretty sure it will open next week.

Can you guys pleas stay on topic and move the east coast charger discussion to the appropriate threads ?

Tampa transformer power was switched on this night. I just stopped by and they tested everything and it is good to go. It is only awaiting now testing from Tesla and switching it on.

Obama just arrived this morning for the inauguration :)

How long does it usually take tesla to test the site before we can use it?

A few hours once they get there, and they often let owners who happen to be there charge as part of the test. When done, the site is usually left operational, but the official update of the web page, update of the Nav database, and announcements can sometimes take days after the site is operational.