Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brattleboro, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped at Brattleboro SpC. No sarcastic signs and two other MS visited while we were there. Purely subjective but charging seemed quite fast. Not much nearby so stopped in the Dollar Store and then grabbed a quick bite at the Chinese restaurant in the mall. The latter sure isn't much to look at and I would avoid the unprotected buffet table but the food ordered at the counter was surprisingly decent.

I am from the area. If you look up thread a bit, Aaron's suggestion to do at least part of your charge at the 80 Amp charger in the Flat St garage is a good one. Other than the Whetstone, I would also highly recommend graffiti sandwich on elliot st. It is a simpler place than the whetstone with exceptional flavor combinations both in sandwich and rice bowl form. The cook and partner are also coffee connoisseurs and make exceptional press, cold brew, and pour over.
Graffiti Sandwich - Brattleboro, VT

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I am from the area. If you look up thread a bit, Aaron's suggestion to do at least part of your charge at the 80 Amp charger in the Flat St garage is a good one. Other than the Whetstone, I would also highly recommend graffiti sandwich on elliot st. It is a simpler place than the whetstone with exceptional flavor combinations both in sandwich and rice bowl form. The cook and partner are also coffee connoisseurs and make exceptional press, cold brew, and pour over.
Graffiti Sandwich - Brattleboro, VT
I also recommend Three Stones Mexican Restaurant - a family run authentic Mayan food eatery a short walk up Canal Street.

I also recommend Three Stones Mexican Restaurant - a family run authentic Mayan food eatery a short walk up Canal Street.

nice suggestion since, provided good weather, you could walk (15-20 minutes) from the super charger. People should note that it is only open Wednesday-Saturday 5-9 pm. For the vegans and vegetarians out there, there is also Super Fresh about another 5 minutes walk past Three Stones. And another 2-3 minutes from super fresh gets you to the whetstone or graffitis. Better yet strap bikes to your Tesla or call an Uber. With a little creativity Brattleboro is your oyster.

John

Next time, skip the supercharger and park in the Brattleboro Garage on Flat street - they have 2 80amp chargers and 2-3 blocks away is Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery - they have great food and you can get 50-100 miles of range while you eat and then stop off at the supercharger for another 15 minutes before you leave ;-)

Home - Whetstone Station Restaurant and BreweryWhetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery ‹ Brattleboro Vermont Restaurant | Craft Beer Bar | Brewery

Aaron
I did this over the weekend - I drove down to Brattleboro, plugged in at the Flat Street garage, and met friends for lunch at Whetstone. By the time we were finished, I had added more miles than I needed to get home. Lots more to do/eat within walking distance of Flat Street them the supercharger. Doing at least part of your charge there might not be a bad idea.

There's a small outlet mall across the street from the SC (and slightly closer to 91) for those looking for deals. Also, the Price Chopper sells LED bulbs at ridiculous discounts (probably subsidized by GMP - $3 for a 90W equiv outdoor flood).

Brattleboro upgrade in progress. Eight new V3 stalls under construction. Thanks Gordon construction! @tes-s @MarcoRP
050333CF-A67A-4048-B37C-0C990CE0A539.jpeg
6B371C8F-941D-4571-A633-1EEB4B5BB6C8.jpeg

Wow.... that's the closest I've seen pedestals being mounted next to traffic. Hopefully fencing or a barrier to prevent users from stepping into traffic.
It's not anywhere near as bad as it looks. The new pedestals back up to the driveway in the shopping center, so there's not a ton of traffic and it's slow (either entering the shopping center or approaching the intersection on exit). The main road runs left to right at the light, behind the construction.

It's not anywhere near as bad as it looks. The new pedestals back up to the driveway in the shopping center, so there's not a ton of traffic and it's slow (either entering the shopping center or approaching the intersection on exit). The main road runs left to right at the light, behind the construction.
Yeah, I know one picture can be deceiving, so I will defer to your opinion. Thanks.

FYI, this V3 construction doesn't show at supercharge.info yet. Here's a panorama I took today.
IMG_7881.jpg

Just another view, giving a sense of where this construction is, in relation to the existing V2 Superchargers.
IMG_7883.jpg

As part of the Tesla Owner's Club of Eastern New England today, we managed to fill all 7 available stalls, with the left-most stall closed. due to construction blocking it, and some caution tape wrapped around the handle.
IMG_7877.jpg

See also related twitter thread.

@tes-s @tga @smartypnz @Tdreamer

Last edited:
Is Brattleboro busy enough to warrant an expansion? I agree with Flyer that new locations would be better than expanding a current location. We've been to Vt five times this year, we only went to Brattleboro once and that's a short enough trip that Supercharging is unnecessary but we have charged at Rutland once, Lebanon NH a couple of times and Hooksett NH once and there were at most two other cars there. This isn't California where there are lines at Superchargers, a better footprint makes more sense than more chargers in an existing location.

Is Brattleboro busy enough to warrant an expansion? I agree with Flyer that new locations would be better than expanding a current location. We've been to Vt five times this year, we only went to Brattleboro once and that's a short enough trip that Supercharging is unnecessary but we have charged at Rutland once, Lebanon NH a couple of times and Hooksett NH once and there were at most two other cars there. This isn't California where there are lines at Superchargers, a better footprint makes more sense than more chargers in an existing location.
Tesla obviously has reasons to think it warrants an expansion. It would be nice to see "expansion planned" added to the Tesla site map like they list coming soon so people who visit busy sites know Tesla recognizes a need.

Reactions: kayak1 and mociaf9
What's I'd like to see is Tesla add a page where people can propose locations and then vote on them. Flyer's suggestions for Bennington and Manchester are good, I'd add Middlebury to that list. They have St Johnsbury planned, if all of those locations got Superchargers then Vt would be covered to the extent that you could go anywhere without planning.

Tesla did have a suggest-a-supercharger-site page at one point. I used it to suggest Gloucester Crossing and now they've got plans to build one there (probably unrelated to my suggestion, but nice to think I made a difference). I can't find the page at the moment.

They do have a page for a property owner to apply to host a supercharger at Host a Supercharger | Tesla

EDIT: I found the old URL that used to provide a means to suggest a location. "Host Commercial Charging" The link now redirects to the commercial charging page, so the option to submit a location as a Tesla owner does not appear to exist anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perscitus
Yes days of suggesting anything are long gone.

Re above at Brattleboro, Putney area... makes sense I guess and glad to see something/anything happen.

Passing thorugh there in all seasons over the last few years I have seen a steady uptick of stall use to a point where often all were occupied with a few cars waiting as the 3s and Ys flooded New England.

I suspect this site is very busy Fri/Sunday nights during ski season. There's tons of ski traffic on 91 from CT and NY. Eastern MA tends to hit 93 ski areas, and I've seen Hooksett north swamped Friday nights, and southbound busy on Sunday.

Reactions: kayak1