Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brea, CA - Brea Mall (LIVE 28 Jun 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are they building next to the EA chargers then?

@RFM3_2018 mentioned that the Superchargers are in the parking structure behind Ralphs (at the end of Birch Street), @capitanmikey's post above provides a link to the details of the Tesla Installation.

(Which reminds me that I need to swing by and see if they have started construction yet)

Source: here
The source link also has the charging layout and tesla agreements.

Reactions: corywright
You have to be a member, but I went by and confirmed they are definitely Tesla Chargers. Right across from Red Lobster in the Brea Mall parking lot.
You have to be a member, but I went by and confirmed they are definitely Tesla Chargers. Right across from Red Lobster in the Brea Mall parking lot.

Attachments

• 1622087074951.png
    1622087074951.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Ahoy!
Recently checked Brea's Minutes and Agenda notes and found out the City just approved 24 supercharging stations + 24 Level 2 EV Charging Stations.

Expected start date of construction: February 2021
Expected completion date: Summer 2021

Source: here
The source link also has the charging layout and tesla agreements.

Woo! We're one step closer!
So, I just reread this. There is no signature and nothing with an ACTUAL approval, just two RECOMMENDATIONS for approvals. Have you seen anything with the formal approval?

In light of the construction going on at Brea Mall, I wonder of the Madrona/Birch St location is still viable? I would be surprised if they put in two locations in Brea at about the same time; this isn't Irvine after all :D

ETA: I am not "challenging" your post at all - I really appreciate that you found that. I've tried searching the city's site and can't find anything Tesla related.

So, I just reread this. There is no signature and nothing with an ACTUAL approval, just two RECOMMENDATIONS for approvals. Have you seen anything with the formal approval?
Yes, the agreement was formally approved by the Brea City Council at their October 6, 2020 meeting. The link in the comment from @capitanmikey that you were replying to is to the relevant agenda package for the Tesla agreement from that meeting. The minutes of the meeting aren't available on Brea's site, but they do have a link to the video of the meeting and you can watch the relevant part of that here if you want. The Tesla agreement was approved as part of the consent calendar, so it's not explicitly discussed or mentioned on its own.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Yes, the agreement was formally approved by the Brea City Council at their October 6, 2020 meeting. The link in the comment from @capitanmikey that you were replying to is to the relevant agenda package for the Tesla agreement from that meeting. The minutes of the meeting aren't available on Brea's site, but they do have a link to the video of the meeting and you can watch the relevant part of that here if you want. The Tesla agreement was approved as part of the consent calendar, so it's not explicitly discussed or mentioned on its own.
Thanks - that satisfies that question.

SO: are they going to have two locations in Brea?

Thanks - that satisfies that question.

SO: are they going to have two locations in Brea?
Almost assuredly, yes. The new discovery of the construction at the Brea Mall is only new to us. The agreement with the city went before the council at the beginning of October 2020, but Tesla would have been planning the mall location well before that date. Maybe it will change their project timelines some but I doubt it has any effect beyond that.

Reactions: Kevy Baby