Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brea, CA - S. Madrona Ave. (LIVE 10 Oct 2022, 24 V3 + 24 L2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we should change the title because a permit has been issued!

**edit** just realized it has changed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.45.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.45.54 PM.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 182
Wow, 24 Supercharger stalls and 24 Tesla Wall Connectors (aka Destination Chargers)! That's a lot of charging for that parking structure! I wonder if the 24 SpC stalls will be Urban style or V3...hmmm.
The 24 that aren't Supercharger stalls are "Universal chargers for any EV user". That makes more sense than 48 stalls dedicated to just Tesla cars.

Reactions: J3diMast3r
I doubt that they will be V3. Most likely Urban.
supercharge.info lists them as 24 stalls 250 KW
It's hard to see clearly because the image doesn't have the necessary resolution, but the agreement Tesla made with the city includes a depiction that seems to show 6 V3 cabinets in the equipment area instead of the 12 V2 cabinets you'd see for urban superchargers. Whether that is accurate or not, we'll see once construction starts.

• Informative
Reactions: KBaoBao
Based on the location at Brea Mall, and the fact that there is still no activity here (confirmed last night), I think this one is dead. I can't see Tesla putting in two locations so close together.

I may be wrong, but that's my $0.02
Have you seen how many super charger stations Tesla built in Irvine and west LA areas?
Due to Brea Mall location, Downtown Brea might not be Tesla's priority any longer, but I won't say it's dead. There is never enough super charging stations.

Reactions: mociaf9 and 1100MCM
Based on the location at Brea Mall, and the fact that there is still no activity here (confirmed last night), I think this one is dead. I can't see Tesla putting in two locations so close together.

I may be wrong, but that's my $0.02
Agenda Item 29 -- Supercharger Amendment no. 1

On June 15th, 2021, about 2 weeks before the Brea Mall location became operational and when construction on it was nearly complete, the Brea City Council approved an amendment to the Supercharger leasing agreement that corrected a mistake in the original. The background information submitted to the council on the amendment has this to say about the project timelines, "Tesla anticipates starting construction in August / September 2021 and complete by early December 2021 or sooner."

This also tracks with the fact that, in addition to showing the active/operational supercharger location at the Brea Mall, Tesla's map still has a "coming soon" pin in Brea with a targeted opening date in Q4 2021.

1632497487125.png

• Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Well that second Brea pin is new. I had checked about two weeks ago and it wasn't there. Thanks for the update!

Considering that the Brea Mall location has been so heavily used since day one and has WAY too small of spaces, I am glad to see this location. And is about half the distance from my house (so I only have to drive one mile instead of two :D ).

Well that second Brea pin is new. I had checked about two weeks ago and it wasn't there. Thanks for the update!

Considering that the Brea Mall location has been so heavily used since day one and has WAY too small of spaces, I am glad to see this location. And is about half the distance from my house (so I only have to drive one mile instead of two :D ).
Is that by the theater and Ralph supermarket? I thought there was plan to build there too.

Is that by the theater and Ralph supermarket? I thought there was plan to build there too.
Post #44 above has a link to the agreement with an embedded link to the map/plan. It is the parking structure at the end of Birch where Birch bends towards Ralphs. It is on the second level down or second level up if you approach from Madrona (though most people don't know where that is).

Reactions: smilepak