Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brea, CA - S. Madrona Ave. (LIVE 10 Oct 2022, 24 V3 + 24 L2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited the SC's outside yesterday, but the mall was such a madhouse, I didn't investigate further. My wife will be working in Fullerton soon, which will give me an excuse to visit Brea more often going forward. I visited so many SC sites yesterday that I was exhausted by the time I got to this one. But, after re-reading the above, I wasn't in the right place to look for any activity anyway.

IMG_20211224_122342.jpg

Reactions: newjacka
Look what we have here. Guess its finally coming in summer 2021...still disappointed it will be in the lower levels. From what I remember, cell reception is terrible down there and would make for a very boring charging session if you stay in the car.

Agenda

BACKGROUND/DISCUSSION
Tesla is proposing to utilize two of their charging programs (Supercharging & Destination Charging) to install a total of 48 electric vehicles (EV) chargers in Parking Structure No.2 located at 175 S. Madrona Avenue. The proposal includes installation of 24 wall chargers (also known as Level II or Universal chargers for any EV user) and installation of 24 superchargers that are only used for Tesla vehicles. The City Council, at their July 7, 2020 meeting, reviewed and approved the charging station design layout Option 2 that calls for the charging stations to be located one level below the Ground level of the parking structure (Attachment 1). After the attached formal agreement is approved, Tesla intends on completing the final design, starting construction in early 2021 and completing the installation by Summer 2021.

The following is a summary of the significant deal-points in the attached agreement (Attachment 2):
  • Ten (10) year initial term and two additional five year extension renewal periods at the City’s discretion.
  • City to make a one-time contribution of $96,000 towards the installation of 24 Level II EV chargers.
  • If City does not extend the term, Tesla to remove all the equipment that relates to their supercharger technology and will leave the Wall Chargers (Level II) equipment to allow the City to continue to operate the system.
  • Tesla will own, operate and maintain all electric chargers at their costs, including electrical costs
  • Telsa will generate and supply all the necessary documentation to the City for compliance with the AQMD grant.
  • Tesla shall comply with the prevailing wage laws for any public work performed pursuant to this Agreement.

In addition, Tesla will handle all transactions and will collect fees for use of the chargers. Tesla has committed to charge a competitive rate as compared to other charging facilities in the vicinity. The City Attorney has reviewed the Tesla agreement and approves as to form.
SUMMARY/FISCAL IMPACT
Approval of this agreement will require the City to make a one-time payment of ninety-six thousand dollars ($96,000) to Tesla as a one-time contribution towards the costs incurred by Telsa in providing and installing the twenty-four (24) Wall Chargers (Level II). Staff would utilize the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC), which is a part of the Local Government Partnership Program grant in the amount of $56,500 and $39,500 from the AB 2766 Subvention Funds to cover the full cost of the contribution requirements with Tesla. Tesla will be responsible for all the costs to own, operate and maintain the system. There is no impact to the General Fund.
Any updates???

I visited the SC's outside yesterday, but the mall was such a madhouse, I didn't investigate further. My wife will be working in Fullerton soon, which will give me an excuse to visit Brea more often going forward. I visited so many SC sites yesterday that I was exhausted by the time I got to this one. But, after re-reading the above, I wasn't in the right place to look for any activity anyway.

View attachment 748242
Those are at the mall. This is the discussion about the ones being built
In the parking structure behind Ralph’s at the east end of Birch st

Maybe they are stuck in moderation limbo for some reason? I've seen it happen before once or twice. Just to double check, @drkwoods did you post those pics to this thread? Because we aren't seeing such a post if you did.
Moderation is way behind yea and in limbo cause it’s about 3 weeks into construction. Level b1 will be the chargers.

Attachments

• 1F160017-B662-429A-84F3-CF6C43243C47.jpeg
    1F160017-B662-429A-84F3-CF6C43243C47.jpeg
    837.7 KB · Views: 61