Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Breezewood, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can share some information with you.... Recently when the Milford CT Post Mall Superchargers were being built, it took about 3 weeks for the Tesla SuperCharger crew to arrive and work with the electrical contractor to check and certify the site, label the chargers and commission the site. Within 2 days after that the site began appearing on the NAV screen on my S. So it looks like your Breezewood PA site is almost ready.

This SuperCharger location will be helpful for me in particular when going from CT to Pittsburgh and back via the PA Turnpike.

Thanks for the Updates guys!

Art

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware
The posts are probably there to prevent someone from hopping the curb and damaging the charger cabinets. But no idea why they would replace them, unless they weren't anchored securely enough to perform that function.

No, as you can see, the posts are between the chargers so they offer zero protection to the chargers themselves.

If anything, they are yet another instance where a vehicle with a bike rack or anything on the back will have a difficult time reaching the charger.

I posted some photos of locations that have done this correctly so I don't know why more places aren't configured this way ... or with at least one front-in stall (for someone with a trailer).

Not the stalls, they're anchored in concrete already.
The switching and charging cabinets in back of them behind the shrubs.

But look at the pictures posted earlier this month and there was already a red painted concrete post with a Parking sign on it in front of the Transformer but that is now a plain metal post without concrete or red paint or a Parking sign.

I sent a request to Google Maps to add the supercharger as a location.

Breezewood_PA.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark
I shot the pictures earlier. This morning West Penn Power crew was at site. They said that their work on the station is finished. They were there to replace a high power switch about 30 yards away (possibly to handle the high power draw from the chargers?) He said that he expected it to come on line rather soon. I hope he's right.

With regard to parking, there a broad set of choices, i.e. Charging, charging/15 minute general, handicapped and NO PARKING. They covered everything!

With regard to parking, there a broad set of choices, i.e. Charging, charging/15 minute general, handicapped and NO PARKING. They covered everything!

... except a front-in charging stall for someone with a bike rack or small trailer ... or even when someone wants to show off their license plate

They still need to be lettered (1A, 1B, etc.) but it is very close for sure.

Thanks for the report, TechGuy. I really could have used this one to reduce my stops from three to two on my PHL to Columbus trip this past weekend. It's the perfect location for transversing PA on the turnpike regardless of the size of your battery. Hopefully soon, but as I've told people, the PA townships/utilities have all been very slow to cross the finish line on the SCs.

Stopped today at 5PM. The Tesla East Coast maintenance crew was there. They had their P85D plugged in (for testing) not for charging. They said that they commissioned the charger yesterday. All of the stations had their labels. HOWEVER, they said that the power company has some issues with providing clean reliable power. Therefore the site would not be activated now. When I asked them about their prediction, they said "maybe a couple weeks or more". I told them I would be charging at Hagerstown today on my way home. They suggested that I head that way ASAP because that was their next maintenance stop. When I hit Hagerstown, I stopped to get a drink. By the time I reached the charger, they were there with it shut down "and I was running on fumes" (archaic or soon to be archaic vernacular). But they were nice enough to turn one pedestal on so I could charge up to get home. Well I guess we just wait for West Penn Power to do their thing.

• Informative
Reactions: sigmo32 and Thinkje