Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several Tesla-logoed wooden crates inside the enclosure today. Just after I took this pic, one of the workers spray-painted over something on the longer sides of the crates. No idea what that's about...

Also, trenching complete and conduits look ready to have wire pulled. No pics of that, I didn't want to disturb the crew any further.
20160720_164106.jpg

Last edited:
Several Tesla-logoed wooden crates inside the enclosure today. Just after I took this pic, one of the workers spray-painted over something on the longer sides of the crates. No idea what that's about...

Also, trenching complete and conduits look ready to have wire pulled. No pics of that, I didn't want to disturb the crew any further. View attachment 186172

Thanks!

Just under 3 weeks before I cruise through. Fingers crossed!

Four supercharger cabinets are now in place, and the large electrical cabinet is also installed with an electrician doing something inside. Trenching between the utility pole and transformer pad seems to be in progress. No transformer yet.

Some poor pix below. Workers were still on site just before 5 tonight, and once again I didn't want to disturb them.

20160726_164232.jpg
20160726_164241.jpg
20160726_164258.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwgan
The green box was not there late last night and looks to have arrived just on time. Isn’t that the transformer? This crew is doing a great job. Interesting arrangement of chargers; other I’ve seen have been clustered behind a box of fencing.

The green box was not there late last night and looks to have arrived just on time. Isn’t that the transformer? This crew is doing a great job. Interesting arrangement of chargers; other I’ve seen have been clustered behind a box of fencing.

I'm not sure which green box you are referring to - one of them is the distribution center and the other is an outhouse.

Interesting linear arrangement of the distribution center and supercharger cabinets. Maybe dictated by space limitations with that slope to the rear? Out west, most sites have the distribution center and the supercharger cabinets (AKA inverter stacks, apparently) clustered together in a more compact enclosure, with the utility transformer sitting nearby. The one going in near me (Lincoln City, OR) uses up two or three parking spaces at one end because of similar space limitation to the rear. Is there a concrete transformer pad or vault at the distribution center end of the row?

otter: 1654133 said:
Great photos! That looks like a transformer vault to me, and that looks like a meter base on the posts to the left of it.
The green cabinet looks like the distribution center. Makes sense because it comes as part of Tesla's kit, along with the Superchargers. The big empty pad on the right looks like the future home for the transformer.

It's an interesting set-up.

That matches with the 4 supercharger cabinets. Each one serves two charging stations, which is why you will charge at a slower rate if you're on, say, 3A while someone else is on 3B, compared with having #3 all to yourself. (Still a lot faster than the usual alternatives, though.) I don't think I've seen less than 8 charging stations per new site for the year I've been watching these.

That matches with the 4 supercharger cabinets. Each one serves two charging stations, which is why you will charge at a slower rate if you're on, say, 3A while someone else is on 3B, compared with having #3 all to yourself. (Still a lot faster than the usual alternatives, though.) I don't think I've seen less than 8 charging stations per new site for the year I've been watching these.

I have little experience, as I have only been watching developments like this with personal interest for about a month (confirmed my Model S order on June 22).

But I thought it was odd that supercharge.info was reporting 6 stalls. I thought it might be that it's at the edge of the known world as far as US citizens go, so Tesla might have thought there was no chance it would be busy and they skimped (not realizing we Canadians will be blasting up and down that corridor).

I'm glad to hear it's actually 8!

I have emailed the supercharge.info site maintainer to let him/her know.

Reactions: Bangor Bob and Chuq
I have little experience, as I have only been watching developments like this with personal interest for about a month (confirmed my Model S order on June 22).

But I thought it was odd that supercharge.info was reporting 6 stalls. I thought it might be that it's at the edge of the known world as far as US citizens go, so Tesla might have thought there was no chance it would be busy and they skimped (not realizing we Canadians will be blasting up and down that corridor).

I'm glad to hear it's actually 8!

I have emailed the supercharge.info site maintainer to let him/her know.
Thanks for the help! You're going to love your Model S! And rest assured that at least a few of us Yanks realize there is a wide and beautiful world beyond the border:)